Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing showchrome fog/driving lights on my 02 wing. Everything was going fine except I am having trouble finding the plug for the wiring harness in the left side fairing pocket. Any suggestions? Its suppose to be a black, 4 wire plug.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good afternoon. The plug is there, once you remove the switch panel, the plug is usually tucked in on the left side in a bundle of wires covered in a black sheath. Just pull them out, plug in and tuck neatly away. Ride hard!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, I found it after I had looked right at it several times. It was doubled over with the back end and 4 wires showing inside the rubber boot. Once I rolled the boot all the way back and found it I felt like an idiot for not noticing it. Thanks for the input anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just installed a set today and that was probably the hardest part (finding that wire). Getting the cowl back on wasn't any fun either. I think it is really cool how Honda has all the wiring and everything already there for us. Sure makes things easier than starting from scratch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes it is very cool with all the plug and play item. I just wish Honda would make a GW that had all the custom items already install on the bike from the factory. For example it would be nice to have a wing that has, fog lights, back rest, spoiler, trunk rack, trunk lights, and saddle bag lights. It would have save me a few dollars and a few hours from Wing Stuff Labor Dept, and spend more time on the road riding my baby.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Yes it is very cool with all the plug and play item. I just wish Honda would make a GW that had all the custom items already install on the bike from the factory. For example it would be nice to have a wing that has, fog lights, back rest, spoiler, trunk rack, trunk lights, and saddle bag lights. It would have save me a few dollars and a few hours from Wing Stuff Labor Dept, and spend more time on the road riding my baby.
But that's the best part of owning a Wing, "farkling" it to your own taste. Enjoy and ride safe...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ha Ha!.... was out in the shop last night installing the Show Chrome fog lights. Got down to the part about plugging up the wire... and couldn't find it. Looked and Looked! I came in and looked on the WingStuff site and found in the product reviews info on a YouTube video. I watched the video and will be heading back out to the shop shortly to see if I can find the hiden plug.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, I found the plug... can't believe I looked for it so long last night and went out today and found it in a couple of seconds.

The fog lights are all installed and adjusted. The instructions are pretty close to being worthless. The YouTube video and advise from this forum made it all come together.

The new Show Chrome Cowl was a pain to install. I needed three hands, and only had two (long story, but couldn't call for another set of hands). Anyway, finally managed and it looks good.

Only complaint would be, as other have said, the fog lights could be about 1/4 inch closer to the cowl.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yep, I found it after I had looked right at it several times. It was doubled over with the back end and 4 wires showing inside the rubber boot. Once I rolled the boot all the way back and found it I felt like an idiot for not noticing it. Thanks for the input anyway.
I know this thread is a little old but it was a help to me. I just spent about an hour installing the fog lights and three hours looking for that little plug. I read this and went back out and found it immediately. That sucker was tucked in there and hid well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts