Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install Big Bike Parts "Lower Fog Light Kit" on 2009 gl1800 (w/o air bag). I've already installed and connected the lights into the existing wiring harness. But I cannot find the connection for the switch. According to the instructions I should find the "accessory black 4 pin connector" under the left control panel (the one with the headlight beam and preload adjustments). I've looked (i think thoroughly) and see no vacant, unused connectors. Anybody got any advice of how/where to find it?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Hope this helps

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe... that was right on. It was a little diffcult to pull back that rubber sheath so I never tried... once I saw your picture I tried and, as you know, there it was. One final question... the kit I bought was missing the switch... and I really wanna see the lights working. Any idea which 2 wires I would short together to simulate the switch being engaged? The wire colors are green, red and brown

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me clarify that. I plugged one end of the "relay harness" into the black 4 pin connector. The other end has a connector that will mate with the switch. Unfortunatley the switch is missing. I assume the dealer will cough up a switch Monday. In the mean time I want to test the lights. So... which of the 3 wires should I short to simulate engaging the switch?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Sorrry I can't answer that one but you try jumping them with a wire until you get the rigrt ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh, i thought about that... but am afraid I may fry something. Might be better to wait until I get a real switch. Thanks for taking the time to take the photos

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hope this helps
]
Just got done pulling my hair out trying to find the connector on my '06 after installing Show Chrome lights.
Thank you, "joe in calif"!!!!!
I was just going to take the entire shelter off thinking the connector got pushed down in after recent service.
Quick search and I found these pics.
Thanks again, Joe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts