Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 se and would like to change the lower cornering lamps over to fog/driving lamp. i see a couple different kits available,wondering which to get and how well they work thanks for your help. Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mike I apologize for tagging onto your thread....

I had the dealer install lights in the lower fairing on my 2010...I noticed that they only shine about 5 feet in front of the bike....maybe the dealer installed cornering lights....would the fog / drive lights Mike is requesting info on improve what I currently have...? I need something that will light up the runway...live out in the country...lots of deer and raccoons...Interested in reviewing this thread

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
i have a 96 se and would like to change the lower cornering lamps over to fog/driving lamp. i see a couple different kits available,wondering which to get and how well they work thanks for your help. Mike
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is what those lights already are (fog/driving). Cornering lights would move as you turn which those don't. I believe the bulbs in there are halogen already.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Mike I apologize for tagging onto your thread....

I had the dealer install lights in the lower fairing on my 2010...I noticed that they only shine about 5 feet in front of the bike....maybe the dealer installed cornering lights....would the fog / drive lights Mike is requesting info on improve what I currently have...? I need something that will light up the runway...live out in the country...lots of deer and raccoons...Interested in reviewing this thread
Believe it or not that's the way those lights were designed. They are "technically" fog lights which is why they are so low, just as they are on cages. If you want more light that extends out further, you need to get a set of halogen driving lights that mount either under the mirrors or on the front forks.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6499&str=4

·
Registered
43 Posts
another tag along.....where do you get modulator for pulsating headlights?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
jd1005 try this: http://www.comagination.com/modBike.htm

I'm not totally certain, but didn't the SE's have cornering lights as opposed to fog lights? They didn't turn actively, but had a wide spread beam to illuminate turning paths, activated by the turn signal button I believe. My 1500 wasn't an SE or an Aspy and thanks to my selective memory I can't recall. I'll do a parts search and see if I find anything.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I did a parts search and the Se's did have 'cornering lamps' not fog lamps. The lamps come up under Aspencade models too, but when you try and click the part# indicator, they show n/a. It's possible they were listed as an accessory (PG&A) item, but I don't have that reference on my dealer site.

·
Registered
449 Posts
another tag along.....where do you get modulator for pulsating headlights?

just about everyone has them from the dealership to on-line companies and even Ebay will show you some. I was looking at some today while I was getting the Wing serviced.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
jd1005 try this: http://www.comagination.com/modBike.htm

I'm not totally certain, but didn't the SE's have cornering lights as opposed to fog lights? They didn't turn actively, but had a wide spread beam to illuminate turning paths, activated by the turn signal button I believe. My 1500 wasn't an SE or an Aspy and thanks to my selective memory I can't recall. I'll do a parts search and see if I find anything.
My 98 GL1500 SE did not do what you are saying. The lights were spread out, but so are the ones on my 09 GL1800. They don't shine way down the road, but you can't have a large beam shining into the fog or it just blinds you. Kind of like when you turn your high beams on in the fog..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts