Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find anywhere in the manual the replacement bulbs for my bike...it's an '07 GL1800 lev 3. appreciate any help.

btw...is it difficult to replace?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

Appreciate the website...I had found that one, but still cannot locate the proper bulb for the fog lights. I did, however, find them at Wingstuff...only thing I need to determine now is if I can replace them with 55W bulbs rather than the 35W bulbs that are presently on the bike????

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Appreciate the website...I had found that one, but still cannot locate the proper bulb for the fog lights. I did, however, find them at Wingstuff...only thing I need to determine now is if I can replace them with 55W bulbs rather than the 35W bulbs that are presently on the bike????
Don't quote me on this yet, but I have heard that increasing the bulb watt may require a harness modification. I mention this because a local ( to me ) '06 rider is trying to interest me in buying an extra fog light set he has and that all the wiring is there to use a 55watt bulb. I can call him anytime, I'll just post this as a caveat until we know the facts.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Guys here's the skinny on wattage & wiring.

Watts divide Volts = Amps..... Sooooooo.

35/12(to be safe) it's actually hire = 2.92 amps
55/12 = 4.58 amps

I doubt that the wiring is any issue unless it is less than #16 guage wire (which I highly doubt). You may need to check the light socket or the Lens housing to just be sure they are not only rated for 35 watts. Again I doubt that's the case. I think you will be fine. Both of you.

Again this is just One Ole Fossil's Opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got'em

checked with the dealer this morning...apparently the 55W are suitable for the GL1800...bought a pair and on my way out to replace the old ones. Thank you all for your input.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
checked with the dealer this morning...apparently the 55W are suitable for the GL1800...bought a pair and on my way out to replace the old ones. Thank you all for your input.
Sweet! The more I hear from others, the more I learn from here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts