Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just signed on the forums and thought I would give an introduction. Im from Western NC and I have a 2003 Wing and a 2003 Supercharged Valkyrie. Ive had the Valk since new and started the engine work on that one pretty much right off the bat. It was a fun mod to do and its my play toy and tinker toy.

I got the Wing in 2006 and it gets used a lot like a SUV LOL I ride to get tractor parts, run errands, etc... take the wife or kid on an occasional ride... Ive beat it up pretty bad I guess in the mountain twisties dragging it alot. But it handles so well! :D

Generally I stick with mountain riding. Lucky for me I live near alot of mountain twisties.

At any rate, I look forward to doing a bit of reading and learning. Ive got a hair up my arse to do a few mods to the wing and this looked like a good place to get an education :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello sludge and welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Glad you found us. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site Sludge. Beatiful bikes both of 'em. Curious about the Valk and the force-feeder. Did you have it dyno'd? Must sound pretty sweet at full song out those pipes...what kind are they? Look a bit like my Torqmasters.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Just signed on the forums and thought I would give an introduction. Im from Western NC and I have a 2003 Wing and a 2003 Supercharged Valkyrie. Ive had the Valk since new and started the engine work on that one pretty much right off the bat. It was a fun mod to do and its my play toy and tinker toy.

I got the Wing in 2006 and it gets used a lot like a SUV LOL I ride to get tractor parts, run errands, etc... take the wife or kid on an occasional ride... Ive beat it up pretty bad I guess in the mountain twisties dragging it alot. But it handles so well! :D

Generally I stick with mountain riding. Lucky for me I live near alot of mountain twisties.

At any rate, I look forward to doing a bit of reading and learning. Ive got a hair up my arse to do a few mods to the wing and this looked like a good place to get an education :)

welcome from Winston Salem.
good site, great folks and good information.
Nice rides.

We ride right by you often and you are right, we are blessed with twisty pavement.

We are going up to Sparta to camp in a couple weeks and will take the wing and enjoy the back roads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know for a Marine, he certainly isn't roughing it. Semper Fi Sludge. 1974-80.
Semper Fi to you too :) 1986 - 1992 CH-46 Crewchief.

Budoka, it has been dynoed. 152hp and 147tq with 8lbs of boost. The exhaust is Thunder Mfg. BTW, its got racing pistons, beefed clutch and a few other things done to it. It does sound good. Ive had it on the strip a couple of times. 1/8th is all we have up here at Wilkesboro and with my 280lb arse on it I turned 7.51. I can do better if I can figure out how to launch it better... 60ft time was like 1.94 or something... Its hard to get it connected off the line without it just busting loose and spinning. Im looking into changing the Carb this winter and adding a nitrous shot to top off 4th and 5th gears. 30hp shot is what I am planning. That should wake her up a bit more.

love2ride, yea I do love the twisties. I ran for truck parts to North Wilkesboro today at about 3pm. I picked up the filters etc and said...screw it! I went up 18 to Stations Inn, grabbed a soda and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway up to 21 and down to Elkin. Sometimes work just has to be put on hold :) BTW, the parkway was beautiful today. I could see from the overlook near Stations Inn all the way to Pilot Mt & Winston. It was clear as a bell, cold and windy.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi Sludge, welcome to the site. Tons of good info on here, all kinds. Ill be in west NC in a month ( Little Switzerland) alas, no bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts