Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1995 Goldwing and the AM side of the radio plays good and the tape player sounds good but the FM side only has static. Does anyone know what I need to do to make the FM play?

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
chack the antenna cable and make sure it is plugged in

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Welcome Samson. If detdr's advice doesn't work, I'd suggest you contact Sierra Electronics and see what they can suggest. Moved this into the General session rather than the Rules section.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
We could also try flushing the switch with Radio Shack contact cleaner.
While spraying the cleaner into the switch continue to work the switch.
Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the antenna under the seat and the back of the radio all were connected. Still doesn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check this..

As lame as this sounds had same problem in wifes car for over 8 months.... found it to be a "USB" phone charger causing interference. Switched charger to bike, same thing, so unplug all your chargers if you have any and see what happens.... :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 1995 Goldwing and the AM side of the radio plays good and the tape player sounds good but the FM side only has static. Does anyone know what I need to do to make the FM play?
I sent the radio to Sierra Electronics They fixed it a it is working fine now. Thanks for every ones help

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
What was the problem? That way someone else may benefit by the answer. Sierra redid my cb and could not of been happier with their work, and just last week they installed two headsets in helmets for me. Once again great work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts