Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an FM antenna to try and fix the FM reception on my 2021 wing. Plugged it in and set it on the dash above the fresh air vent. It was able to pick up stations that the OEM antenna couldn't. On Tuesday, will go for a ride and see if it really does better. The weather is not good for ridding today.

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the temporary setup. If it works better than the OEM, I will mount it under the shell. May also try some other antennas

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought an FM antenna to try and fix the FM reception on my 2021 wing. Mounted the antenna on the front of the bike under the windscreen for a test. Went for a ride today to see if the new antenna worked any better than the OEM. A couple of weeks ago I did a 40-mile loop where the OEM antenna was terrible and in at least one spot the FM reception dropped out completely.

Today I did the same 40-mile loop plus other areas where the OEM had trouble. In all places the reception was far better. In the spot where the OEM dropped out completely, I had no problems with the reception.
After my ride today, I know it is suggestive, I would say the reception was better than what I had on my 2017.
Pic of antenna placement
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
52 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that you can add an antenna on the side of the rear trunk to make the '18+ get better reception. I intend on doing that this spring or summer if I can find that info again.

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure that would work great. Even better than what I am trying and easier. I had thought about doing that but, my concern is the plastic may not be strong enough. If you find the post, please let us know.

· Registered
2021 Goldwing Bagger, 2007 GasGas EC300
86 Posts
I am sure that would work great. Even better than what I am trying and easier. I had thought about doing that but, my concern is the plastic may not be strong enough. If you find the post, please let us know.
Can you give a source and part number for the antenna that you are trying?

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you share or link where and how to find, connect and replace the original antenna?
Are you asking where on the goldwing it connects to ?

Check post #7. It is a link to the eBay antenna I purchased. If you get one with the SMB connector, it will connect to the goldwings radio in place of the OEM one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts