Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had service done fluid changed in rear "drive hub" where drive shaft meets rear wheel and now have a leak the fluid is coming from the nipple at the bottom it has leaked onto the tire I do not know how much has leaked service was done on Friday how concerned shoul I be I am going to contact the shop on Monday Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
I personally would bring it back to the shop that did the work.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
A leak is not normal. Take it back and have them correct the problem at their own expense. You should not have to pay twice for the same thing...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to take it back on Monday but concern is riding it there and what should I use to clean the fluid off the tire

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
How far away is the shop. I would call on Monday and ask them if they think it's okay to ride in. I would just wash the tire with soap and water to clean.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took a closer look at the rear end this morning the nut on the side of the rear hub was only finger tight..... so this is where the leak was will have to call to see if safe to ride to the shop about 40 min in city traffic do not know how much has leaked out enough to leave a patch on the paper towel about 4 in in diameter

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Wonder what else they didn't do correctly? I would make sure they go through it to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts