Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I realized that while I have been to 26 states on a motorcycle, my Gold Wing has never been to one of those. I can’t remember ever riding it to Florida. Speedy and George both mentioned a time or two about a meet for lunch on the coast. Is anybody interested in a Saturday in Pensacola?

It is only 270 miles to the Naval Air Museum and Pensacola Lighthouse for me. Longer for most of y’all I suspect. I could do a day ride or stay overnight. I’ve got the second weekend in December open but could swap some things around.

Also the first weekend in December there is a Civil War Reenactment in SE Mississippi. If you are interested in these here is some information;
http://leakesvillems.com/davidson-s-raid
Davidson lead a raid of Dayum Yankees to cut the railroad above Mobile.
http://mymichaeljamesmartin.com/uploads/N_S09.pdf
I’m not too sure how big an event it will be, probably pretty small. But that is where Martena is from and I am pretty likely to meet my son and grandson there for the day. On the bike by myself or car if Martena comes along.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Sounds like a great destination crownfire, and a nice location for lunch riding along the coast. I'll have to move south some day so I can take advantage of all the "winter" riding many of us northerners are missing out on this time of year.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Yesterday I realized that while I have been to 26 states on a motorcycle, my Gold Wing has never been to one of those. I can’t remember ever riding it to Florida. Speedy and George both mentioned a time or two about a meet for lunch on the coast. Is anybody interested in a Saturday in Pensacola?

It is only 270 miles to the Naval Air Museum and Pensacola Lighthouse for me. Longer for most of y’all I suspect. I could do a day ride or stay overnight. I’ve got the second weekend in December open but could swap some things around.

Also the first weekend in December there is a Civil War Reenactment in SE Mississippi. If you are interested in these here is some information;
I’m not too sure how big an event it will be, probably pretty small. But that is where Martena is from and I am pretty likely to meet my son and grandson there for the day. On the bike by myself or car if Martena comes along.
Can't do Saturday but the Naval Air Museum is worth seeing. I'd be interested in meeting the second weekend in Dec, weather permitting. Got a hankering for fresh seafood! :dinner:

G

·
0 Posts

Remember the problem you had with your big toe?
Any way if I will be around there I might have Visiting UP ( not upper peninsula) part deux for you and George.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Count me in on the Florida day trip. That's not a bad ride at all. I'm free most every day of the week or weekend. I just love to ride and I'm ready to wear this wing out :). Maybe we can do a local ride this Saturday high around 70. :). Just let me know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't do Saturday but the Naval Air Museum is worth seeing. I'd be interested in meeting the second weekend in Dec, weather permitting. Got a hankering for fresh seafood! :dinner:
Second weekend in December sounds good. We'll see what the weather looks like as we get closer.

Remember the problem you had with your big toe?
Any way if I will be around there I might have Visiting UP ( not upper peninsula) part deux for you and George.
My toe is better, thanks for worrying about me. Keep us in the loop and we'll come meet you.

Count me in on the Florida day trip. That's not a bad ride at all. I'm free most every day of the week or weekend. I just love to ride and I'm ready to wear this wing out :). Maybe we can do a local ride this Saturday high around 70. :). Just let me know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I hope the weather works out for this. We'll see as we get closer. This Saturday I'm catching up on the honey-do list. Gotta paint a room and put new base molding up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Veeeeeeery tempting, but a little too far out of my reach for a day trip - especially during the holiday season with two kids in different Christmas programs + "Elfing" + honey do's, etc.

Ya'll have a great time!!! Maybe the next one...

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Veeeeeeery tempting, but a little too far out of my reach for a day trip - especially during the holiday season with two kids in different Christmas programs + "Elfing" + honey do's, etc.

Ya'll have a great time!!! Maybe the next one...
We need to work one out your way.....

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark, stop antagonizing me pleeeeeeeaaaase!!!!! :)
Just dangling that carrot in front of you. Hope you are starting to feel better. Positive thoughts can help and sending mine your way.

me too!!! Maybe I can go take out a loan for gas money and I can just bring Subzila!!:dancing troll:
Or borrow my other bike?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Dustin, If you get to NJ, I will be happy to give you a bike to ride, got plenty to choose from.!!

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Hey Mark....I just saw this. I will try my darndest!
Not trying to screw your dates up, but if you move it up to Dec. 30, it could work with this ride:
http://www.thelastrideoftheyear.com/

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Or we could do both........

We'll see how the weather works out. Rainy and cold time of the year.
I will be weather dependent on all rides.

·
Super Moderator
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Michael, the only weekend I have free this month is Saturday the 13th. So if not that day, then it will have to wait until January. I hate waiting a whole year.....

Looking at the long range rain forecast, I see something in east Texas on Thursday evening. So maybe it will be through before Saturday morning the 13th. Of course that is pretty far out for the weather guess.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.