Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure that this has been discussed before, but I am looking for some input on floor boards. I have a reciently purchased 08 wing. Thinking about installing floor boards and would appreciate pros and cons from anyone. I am 5' 11''.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam and the floorboards make it very difficult for me to get my feet planted on the ground. That's why I don't have them on my bike.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That's what I've got on my '09, the mini's fossil showed. Like 'em too.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have floorboards on my 07/18R VTX and I love them. The riding position and the boards make for a very comfortable ride. It does take a few times feet on, feet off, to get used to setting feet on the ground. After that it is all cake.

Why Honda gave the passenger boards and the operator pegs on a luxury bike like the Wing is one of the Stephen Hawking universal mysterys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
love my floor boards

I have an 08 with the Kuraykn heal toe shifter and love them. Gives me more foot possitions if I do not want to use the highway pegs.
Like everything else in life what works for one might not work for another, so if possible find a wing with them on and see if you can test ride it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Had the Kuri set up on mine. I liked the comfort but didn't like the way the side stand fit after. Kept dragging it in the ground on left hand turns. Kind of scary when it lifts the back of the bike up in a tight sweeper. Gave up the comfort for safety.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
It is easy to drag the stock pegs on an 1800 wing. H/T shift doesnt work for me, Im to old to be retrained.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have never had a problem with the side stand hitting on a left turn, the Kuris did not affect the stand possition at all

·
Registered
129 Posts
The set I had did. The mount had a piece of rubber(?) on the bottom where it bolted to the frame. This kept the side stand from folding all the way up. Might have been just that set but it bothered me so I sold them. The recommended chrome stand was even worse. Washers between the frame and board might have helped but then the shifter might not have lined up right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any of you that have floor boards I am in the market for the stock foot rest as I am 5 4" and having a hard time with the floor boards that came with the bike. If you dont have yours would appreciate any input as to where I could get some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts