Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing a set of aftermarket floorboards on my bike and am still on the fence. I would like to have the comfort of a set of boards over pegs, but with reveiws that I have read with my size 6'1" and size 11 1/2 boot I am not sure if I may be making a mistake. I have been looking at Kuryakyn floorboards with heal toe shifter. This thread may have been placed before, but I am new to the forum and could not find any previous post on this subject.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Don't have an 1800 but I'll give you an opinion. I believe that you may be cramped a little using boards. I ride with 1800's, a couple of tall guys & they all comment that my 1500 gives them more leg room. Now having said that I also offer another possible solution. I installed Iso-wings on my 1500. I had Floorboards & did like the heel/toe shifter but wanted to try the Iso wings. Here's a link check them out & good luck. A final suggestion may be to check out other 1800's & when you find one with boards on it ask the owner if you can sit on it to see if you can tell from that.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/232_Footpeg_Floorboards/120_GL1800_Kuryakyn_Driver_Iso_Wing_Boards/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1800/232_goldwing_Footpeg_Floorboards/des/

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
1. Kury chrome on their floor boards and their flat racks is not lasting very long as told by many on another board!
2. Debatable tranny warranty issues w/heel&toe shifters are also being discussed.
3. I have a 32" inseam and found the floor boards caused my lower legs to be position to far back making for short riding distances before my knees started hurting.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
When I bought my bike it had floor boards, I wasn't crazy about them. I had trouble shifting, and when I came to a stop had to spread too far to touch the ground. They were Kuryakyn, the chrome started to lift so I got a set of stock pegs, now I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Without a Toe / Heel shifter, these are two that I'm considering. For me, and probably only for me, I'm mildly annoyed riding a bike with the full floorboards, i.e., Harley Road King, etc. My foot likes to go down, not out and down. I like the idea of full floorboards, but not the Heel shifter part of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chopin114

Thanks for the input, I have been also looking at these as an alternative to full boards. My delemia with the full boards is the heel/toe shifter, I have read of installs using the stock shifter and boards. If I decide to go with either of these I will be sure to let you know what I think of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2003 GL1800 Police

I would like to sit on your ride for feel and fit. I am concerned with what has been stated by almost everyone that has the heel/toe shifter on their 1800 wings about shifting. I installed the Kuryakyn Highwayboards on my bike with short arms and like them real well, but I am looking ultimately for riding comfort on long distance rides and like to move my feet around and absolutely do not like the stock footpegs on the wing. Ok for sporting around, but not for long haul riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts