Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've grown accustomed to riding with floorboards. It seems like everyone I know changes out their footpegs for Kuryakyn boards. Why is it Honda has never saw fit to make this a stock setup? I just helped a friend put the Kuryakyn boards and heal-to shifter on his bike. Didn't care for the look so much. It just kind of looked like an after thought to me. One thing I'm dreading about a new bike.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
There are many wing owners that absolutely do not like floorboards and prefer the pegs. I suspect that the designers may have felt that pegs better reflected the sporty nature of the bike. I prefer the boards, myself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are many wing owners that absolutely do not like floorboards and prefer the pegs. I suspect that the designers may have felt that pegs better reflected the sporty nature of the bike. I prefer the boards, myself.
I would have never thought that. I see so many bikes with boards on them, I just assumed that was the preference of most owners.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
There is also the fact of where the peg is located. Probably 80%+, will put highway footrests on the 'Wing, usually something larger than a peg. And since most of our riding is longer rides, that is where the feet will be most of the time. Where are you going to spend the most money to get the most comfort?

A

·
0 Posts
I hate floorboards!

I had a '94SE w/pegs and added highway pegs to stretch out my legs.

I had a '98SE with floorboards and a Heel Toe Shifter, and I did NOT like it at all....
it is too easy to spain an ankle if you get in trouble at a stop, you can run right over your foot... and I have. never again.

also, it spreads your feet too far apart, and for some folks who are height challenged, that is a real no no..... not everyone is 6 ft, 6 inches tall...

. most are more like 5' 8" with 30 inch inseams. and for those, floorboards are a disaster.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Personally I like boards, have a set on my HD Road King and recently bought a set for the 'Wing. Have not installed on the wing yet, but when I do, I will probably post my opinion of them along with the heal toe shifter. Everybody likes different things, that's why there are different things. :smile2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2 cents worth...

I wanted to drop the pegs slightly to straighten out the bend in my knees. The Kuryaken Mini Floorboards dropped them by 3/4 inch (doesn't sound like much but it helped). There was no need to change the shifter or brake levers and they don't drag. These worked for me.

Jim

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
All 3 of my Wings I converted to boards. Like Ron, I wouldn't be without them. Simply a matter of personal preference. As to the matching, I nixed the stock passenger boards for the Kury Transformers, and with the highway boards I have a 3 piece matching set, no more miss-match, looks like it all came that way. Yes, it did cost, but some things I deem worthy of $$.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
My 2 cents worth...

I wanted to drop the pegs slightly to straighten out the bend in my knees. The Kuryaken Mini Floorboards dropped them by 3/4 inch (doesn't sound like much but it helped). There was no need to change the shifter or brake levers and they don't drag. These worked for me.

Jim
Oh, they drag.!! >:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts