Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been flooded in. Our departure was put back a day leaving Adelaide. Here I am with 1600 miles to go and a day late and we still can't get going. In the dryest state on the dryest continent in summer and I am stuck because of floods. You guys expect to be snowed in at this time of the year. We should have days of about 100f but I don't like the heat so I don't mind. I think we will be so late into Perth that we will turn around and come straight back. If it's still daylight I will get a photo. Take care. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,734 Posts
Bummer. One of the downsides to living on a land mass surrounded by water is the chance of springing a leak now and then.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I have been flooded in. Our departure was put back a day leaving Adelaide. Here I am with 1600 miles to go and a day late and we still can't get going. In the dryest state on the dryest continent in summer and I am stuck because of floods. You guys expect to be snowed in at this time of the year. We should have days of about 100f but I don't like the heat so I don't mind. I think we will be so late into Perth that we will turn around and come straight back. If it's still daylight I will get a photo. Take care. Eric
What gives. You trying to brainwash us? I thought you were the guy with the phone number 666-696-666.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love2ride: Gee you are sharp. You would have to be the a star dropper. Ten pound hammers hit them.LOL. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,734 Posts
Love2ride: Gee you are sharp. You would have to be the a star dropper. Ten pound hammers hit them.LOL. Eric
For those who wonder what a " star dropper " is, here's one description I've found: " It's a South Ozzie thing.....I spent the 1st 47 odd years of my life in NSW and ALWAYS knew of these as "star pickets".....

When I got to SA and these blokes are all talking about "star droppers"; well I thought it was some kind of special @rse-hole that had "stars" emanating from it's sphincter. ......."scuse me mate, I've just gotta shoot off to the dunny for a few minutes and do a few star droppers" hehehe " Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
For those who wonder what a " star dropper " is, here's one description I've found: " It's a South Ozzie thing.....I spent the 1st 47 odd years of my life in NSW and ALWAYS knew of these as "star pickets".....

When I got to SA and these blokes are all talking about "star droppers"; well I thought it was some kind of special @rse-hole that had "stars" emanating from it's sphincter. ......."scuse me mate, I've just gotta shoot off to the dunny for a few minutes and do a few star droppers" hehehe " Hope this helps.
I've soul searching for years, trying to figure just who I am. Thanks Eric for identifying and to you Chop for explaining it.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if your news service has reportrd yet but The state of Queensland have floods that would cover England. There is floods in the north of Western Australia, New South Wales. I think we could get floods in the North of South Australia by the end of the week. That part of S.A. is of low population. Keep you posted. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I don't know if your news service has reportrd yet but The state of Queensland have floods that would cover England. There is floods in the north of Western Australia, New South Wales. I think we could get floods in the North of South Australia by the end of the week. That part of S.A. is of low population. Keep you posted. Eric
We have been hearing about it and keep us posted. Glad you are all well.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One place had 19 metres went through, we have many people missing. There was people on their roof of their houses and it was lapping their feet on top of their roofs. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
its good to know that you are alright with all the flooding going on

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I hope you stay clear of the floods Eric! I am glad you are well.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know what TV coverage you are getting over there but 75% of Queensland is under water The rain is coming down to SA and are expecting flooding in the north of the state but nothing like what is happening in Queenland. There is flooding everywhere, some people get no warning other have time to get out. We are ok where we are. Today and tomorrow we will get some rain but there will not be flooding here. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
yeah, we heard about the tsunami. looked at the map.
Good you have a natural insulation to the elements from all sides.
Good for you, sorry for the others.

·
Premium Member
23,734 Posts
I was watching news clips last night and said , " Eric, lives in Austrailia ! ". I had to Google the map as I didn't know Queensland from any other part. I do now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Hey Eric. Just put more air in the tires. It'll float!;)

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks with the help of the Australian map. To give you guys some idea of the flooding now. If you draw a line through where the Barossa Valley is up through Flinders Ranges and everywhere Right of that line has flooding. Its not just Queensland. It's New South Wales Victoria and parts of South Australia. There are a lot of people in the USA that would understand how hard it is to see everthing you have just gone. Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts