Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I have decided to flip the switch and go Darkside. So, here is what I need. The bike is an 07, 1800 and I do occasionally pull a trailer. I am not aggressive in turns but I do like to wind it out on straight runs. What I would like from you is, if you have gone to the C/T, please tell me.

1. What tire and size you selected.
2. Approximate price.
3. Any problems encountered.
4. Do you use the ceramic beads for balancing or both wheel weights and beads or just weights?
5. Air pressure and effects of too high or too low.
6. I have seen pictures of the tire just after being installed, but none of the tire with X-amout of miles on it. If you have some please share.
7. Any other comments you may feel you would want to share.

I know I could have weeded through the tons of posts concerning this subject but it seems that more C/T's are on 1500's rather than 1800's and I am looking for some quick answers.
Thanks
Isaac

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the effort and info. I did see later a post in the tire section that showed all the tires available for the 1800 but somehow I missed that when I posted this. I keep hearing about how wonderful the C/T works on the GW and how many miles they get but you never see a picture of any that are in use. Always a picture of the freshly mounted tire. I was/am interested in seeing what one looks like after say 15,000 miles. Thanks again for the reply....Isaac

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Chopin runs a c/t on his 1800. Send him a PM. I have a Dunlop RF on my 1500 but only a few thousand miles so far. Happy with mine and still looks new. Run 32 psi and will get a TPMS soon.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Check out what I picked up on the way home.....
What do you call a car tire on the luggage rack???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Hey Phil, someone said they saw you riding on the darkside of the road today in Alabama. Any truth to this sinister rumor?

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Hey Phil, someone said they saw you riding on the darkside of the road today in Alabama. Any truth to this sinister rumor?
Nahhh....just thought I should protect my luggage rack

Hahahaha. Congrats. Next ride you lead.
Hahaha....ha........Ummmm NO!!!
I lead the Bunny Slope. You lead the Double Black Diamond.;)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
That's because this is the best site Isaac. I messed around a bit on some of those others. Than found this & never looked back.:D

Just not a F.W.;)

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
That's because this is the best site Isaac. I messed around a bit on some of those others. Than found this & never looked back.:D

Just not a F.W.;)
Another code word cowboy; F.W.?

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Just not a F.W.;)
I agree but I also don't get "FW".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.