Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and my wife are in the market for a pair of new helmets. I want to look at the "Flip Helmets" but I am looking for information from owners that have these helmets. I and the wife have the Arai Quantum lids which we intend to keep. Being as the Arai's are so comfortable I would be looking for the same generic shell shape, ie, round.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
There are a couple of posts on the forum about this. Do a search and you should be able to find it. I belive some of the folks have HJC and like them..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I sure don't have much experience but I bought a Z1R Eclipse and so far I think it's great. I've never tried riding with the chin bar in the up position as I bought it for the protection of a full face helmet but the visor will "click" at a stop leaving about a 1" gap at the bottom allowing for great ventilation but still giving excellent eye protection. If I had any wish item for it, it would be to have an internal sun visor like the Scorpion EXO-900. The modular helmets are great for those of us that wear glasses.

Hoss

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I have a hjc flip face ... It is very comfortable has front and top vents ... When closed it does generate wind noise , but with the visor open it lessens the noise ... Happy trails ...

·
Registered
150 Posts
SHARK Evoline Helmets

I've only had these for a month or so but they are very good comfortable lids with all that you require and some..... Happy hunting

Paul

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
... Howdy ... I have a hjc flip face ... It is very comfortable has front and top vents ... When closed it does generate wind noise , but with the visor open it lessens the noise ... Happy trails ...
Even with full/flip helmets, IMHO, ear plugs are a requirement! Believe it or not, you hear more things you should hear and less of the things you shouldn't(wind, etc.)
I'm not talking cheapies here, you would be amazed at what a properly fitted set of professionally made ear plugs would do for you.
So not to highjack the thread, wife and I have both switched to HJC modular helmets. Both of us find them very comfortable.
Although not a reason to buy HJC, it is very easy to install headsets in the HJC helmet!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The police department I just retired from is converting all of the motor officers to a Nolan flip front helmet. The officers I talked with just before I left seem to like them. FYI

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the HJC IS-MAX. Fits nice, not too heavy but man is it noisy. For long trips, you need ear plugs. Ventilation is not great either! Also black helmet is HOT (read head sweats) when it's sunny and warm. I do like the flip down tinted shield. Can't ride with helmet chin module up - wind catches it on my GL1800.

I am looking for a 3/4 for the summer months.

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts