Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was a quick trip to the Flinders Rangers. The bike was made ready with new arm rest on the back for Vanessa. All nicely cleaned and polished.
There was a storm warning and it was due to arrived at noon. So I was keen to get an early start. That didn't happen but so far so good no rain.
The wind was blowing at about 40 mph and there was gusts up to 50 mph. I slowed it down to 60-65 mph to try and stop the wind buffing.
Clare was the first stop for a coffee and a snack. Clare is one of our better known wine areas.
All the way up to the Flinders Ranges was a case of trying to beat the weather. Mission accomplished.
Photos:
1&2. The view at the back of our cabin.
3. Where is Bluey and his reverse.
4. No. I didn't ride on a dirt road, much.
5. The view out the back of Rawnsley Bluff, The outside of the southern rim of Wilpena Pound (for you Ref)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Eric, it looks like you're still in Wyoming! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Beautiful Eric!

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is very rugged country out here but it is so beautiful at the same time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Those are some great pictures. Must have made for an interesting ride home.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We stayed at an old sheep station but it is now a must stop for tourists. There are different types of accommadation here but it is very expensive.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are some great pictures. Must have made for an interesting ride home.
I must say that the question was asked: has anyone been hit by lightning on a motorcycle. My answer was, "not that I know of." The storm passed overnight but there was more to follow.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the morning we road out to Wilpena Pound. It is only about 30 miles away. But after some rain in these parts the locals come out in force to have a drink and they don't care much about a goldwing rider. The emu was most happy to stay around for a photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was black top out to Wilpena Pound and on the way there we almost got one of the local as a mascot. Wilpena Pound is a top spot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Wow; for a while I was sure you were sneaking in some photos of Eastern, Washington, Montana and Wyoming, that's till the weird looking locals showed up.
Little disappointed I didn't see any naked ladies like on the way to Thompson Falls.:eek::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I must say , Eric, you don't let the lack of pavement stop your travels.
First thing I saw was the dirt roads. I have to say the Finders Ranges DOT is lacking;)

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First thing I saw was the dirt roads. I have to say the Finders Ranges DOT is lacking;)
No-one lives out there, the nearest town is 30 miles away with about 200 people. You can get gas, icecream, milk, but not much more. There is also a pub. Some of the roads up there I can't get the wing over. We could not go down Brachina Gorge because part of the road is a river bed with water and river stones. But it is a top spot.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cazneaux's tree: Enlarge the first photo and it will have the info there for you. Some may have to put their glasses on. And yes to get in there it was a dirt road.
In the background is the eastern rim of the Wilpena Pound.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is now time to turn around and head home.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.