Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen alot of GW's and other big touring bikes with flags mounted in various locations. I was told not to place one on either of my antenna's because with the wind force it'll damage the antenna they're mounted on. I'm a pretty patriotic fella, and would love to fly the Maple Leaf on my ride. What's the general thought on this?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have them on both antenna's and have been on two long trips with no problem. The ones I put on were made by Pro Pad and had a plastic strip that connected to the antenna.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I have 2, an American and a Christian flag on my Wing. I have the aluminum poles that attach to the trunk rack. Those work fine for me. I had a flag attached to my antenna on my GL1500 and the antenna snapped off in cold weather on a ride home from NY. Don't know if the flag caused it, just know it broke.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
I have never had any trouble with my flags on the antenna's, I do fly them lower on the antenna so they do not dance all over when I ride. Just can't ride without my POW flag.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Kuryakin m,akes both antenna and rack mounts for flags. Don't have either personally, but both look sturdy, and the antenna one mounts to the heavier base of the antenna.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I'm still trying to find a John Deere flag that size for my wing.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
Now that would be a first for me to see, but it would be very cool.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Being a loyal Kentucky fan I fly 2 U of K flags on my wing. They are mounted to the trunk rack. They are low so dance around very little. People know my bike by the flags i fly lol. I really like them sometimes change to the old stars and stripes and United Methodist christian flag. Isn't having fun on 2 wheels great. I love it.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I don't fly any flags on the antenna, not even a round ball or topper of any type. I did have flags on the luggage rack on Show Chrome flag poles. In the parking lot someone stole the threaded topper and then I removed the flag and flag pole because of the act of thievery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts