Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking to see if any of you folks know where I could get a quality flag holder for Buster that won't tear anything up and preferably removeable. Joined up with the local Patriot Guard Riders and would like to be available for that with the proper gear if needed. Also, if anyone has experience with these or doing this lemme know if there's any special considerations when doing so.

Can't say as I've ever rode anywhere with a big flag hangin off my bike. TIA.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
If you are looking for a holder for the smaller flags check out Wingstuff I'm sure they have something.
Or if you want something for a larger flag and you have a receiver type trailer hitch on the wing, I suggest you get a good quality flag with sewn edges so it doesn't come apart right away. One of those that you see hanging from porches or thefront of homes, they come with the staff. Then take the flag staff for sizing, to a local welding shop and have them make a stinger for the receiver hitch with a vertical pipe for setting the staff in.
You'll have to drill a hole for hitches, keeper pin.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heyyy. Didn't even think about the hitch. (V8 moment)
I just happen to do a skosh of welding myself.
And no real reason I can't do it out of 'loominum I'd imagine. :D Schweet.!!

The flags are pretty big. 6' poles and 3x5 I think. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Yup ,mine's made out of Looinum. :)

I roll the flag around the staff and hold it in place with a couple small bungy cords, when I'm not in a formation or Parade and just blasting down the interstate. Highspeeds a hard on the flags edges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.