Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fl light keeps coming on, on my 02 GL1800. The funny part is it will not come on until you ride it for 6 to 7 miles on the open highway. If riding in town it may not come on at all. I took it to my local shop but was told they could not get a code and it would not come on just running in the shop. Does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Just a thought, you might try a new fuel filter & also make sure tank vent is working.
The 1800 doesn't have a fuel filter.

Next time the F1 light comes count the blinks, there are long and short blinks, long blinks equal 10 and short blinks 1. if you have 2 long and 1 short blink that is code 21.
try this to get the light to blink
start it, put it in neutral, lower the kickstand, count the FI blinks,
if that doesn't work your dealer can force the code by

Sometimes the side stand will not show the codes but you can force the codes. Remove the seat, in the boot by the cross beam you will find the service connector, it is a three pin connector with two wires (centre is empty) short these two wires with a jumper and then turn on the key and it will force the codes. Probably let your dealer do this unless you are comfortable doing it your self.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be one or both your oxygen sensors going bad, they take time to heat up before working, 2002 was known for problems with this.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Count the blinks and post the results here and we will give you the answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts