Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
08 Honda goldwing, 09 Kawasaki zx14, two Ducati Monsters S4RS’s
30 Posts
Thank you this vide was very helpful, I’ve read about these switches sticking, they say whatever you do don’t push it, I kept looking at it wondering if it would stick, should I push it? NO!!! I said to myself don’t push it..
So, I pushed it, it stuck. :eek: Now what? Well found this video 15 minutes later fixed.👍. A tiny squirt or two of contact cleaner and works like new.. one thing I might add is I noticed the cleaner will leek out the front of the switch after make sure to wipe off any extra and maybe cover up any painted surfaces because some of that cleaner can damage plastic or painted surfaces.. thank you for the help.

·
Registered
403 Posts
LOL, just accidentally hit my Hazard switch today while working on the bike. STUCK. [email protected]#$

Tried a hair dryer with no luck, so ended up taking off the trim strip, removing the whole assembly, taking it over to the workbench, removing the back, removing the switch, and flushing it with a squirt of Contact Cleaner. It was still rough, so I gave it just a dab of lubricant to make it silky smooth.

Put everything back together, and that added 20 minutes to the job I was doing. @#[email protected]!

·
Super Moderator
11,949 Posts
It's always something, isn't it?

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Premium Member
08 Honda goldwing, 09 Kawasaki zx14, two Ducati Monsters S4RS’s
30 Posts
yes for sure, that happened last night, im sitting here thinking sometimes my reverse switch doesn’t stay in I have to push it several times to get it to work. So I’m thinking with all the switches on the throttle side I’m kinda afraid to split it apart for what might fall apart if I do, So, I think I’ll go take it apart and try the contact cleaner trick. Wish me luck.. probably be back soon searching how to put it back together video.lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
Get a big clear plastic bag, and work on it inside the bag if you think you're going to let the magic springs out, or drop tiny detent balls.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts