Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 96 1500se seat is starting to come apart at the seems. Due to money constraints I can not afford a new seat. I saw on Hartco's web site, velour/vinyl seat cover. I called and received a quote of $229.95.

Anyone out there have one of their covers and can comment?

Thanks in Advance,
Charlie

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have heard the fit is real good, why don't you just take your stock seat to an upholstery shop and have it recovered? Or check e-bay for a 1500 seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joe,

I am not sure because of the way it pulled from seems that it could be repaired.

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
charliep, I have one of their seats, which only comes with a cover for the passenger backrest. The cover fits perfectly, to look at it you would not know it was a cover. Like Joe said check ebay you may find something. I have my original bison brown seat that the vynil is good on, but the p.o. shaved the foam down to reach the ground (he was short). That's why I bought a Hartco. If your interested I could take some pictures & email them to you.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Seat repair

I would ride past a seat cover place just to get a quote. Fixing torn up stuff is what they do. It may work and be reasonable. I have a lambs wool cover and love it. Very comfortable but it cost 225$ and should be put on a seat in good repair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Fossil92 I have the same color bike as yours, I think. Tuscany Red.

I will check around on Ebay and maybe Craigslist.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It wasnt a seat cover, but I did buy a front and rear saddle for my Shadow from Hartco and that is fantastic. Much better seat than the Mustang in my opinion.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Try B&G seat covers www.bgseatcovers.com/ had a set of seat covers on my 84, thought they were nice, fit well and you can customize to your bike. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts