Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned home to Cape Cod from a trip to Colorado pulling my Bushtec Spartan trailer. A good trip covering 4,907 miles in 10 days. I underestimated the riding time so I spent a lot of time in the saddle. I averaged 36.6 mpg pulling the trailer. In the 10 days I had rain steady for 1/2 day then a couple of showers but mostly sunny days. A shower while crossing Kansas would have been great instead of the sun and 91 degree heat. It was a good trip as the Wing and trailer performed perfectly. Now to plan another trip and add more days so I can relax and take in the sites.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Hope you have more pictures to post. The trailer looks like it was hauling quite a load. Any idea what the total weight was that you were pulling?

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
That sure looks like a lot of "stuff" for one person. I guess you can't claim that you travel "light". Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip..

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Glad you had a good trip. We'll be heading your way in August.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Nice trips are always fun. Sounds like you had a good time.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
almost makes me want to get a trailer but i'm glad you are enjoying yours

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Sweet! The way you have that Bushtec loaded it doesn't look Spartan. Who says you can't take it all with you when you go ?

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
almost makes me want to get a trailer but i'm glad you are enjoying yours
I'll make you a good deal on a real nice motorcycle trailer Doc. Tires are probably 20 years old but they still hold air. Floor was made of pine and rotted out years ago. Frame is a little rusty and could probably use a little welding repair. Been holding it together with bailing wire. Lights, well no body in Texas has working lights on trailers. You pick up here Doc, I'll knock off 20 bucks. :eek:

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Where did you go in Colorado? I worked there way back when and have wanted to ride back there ever since. Still on my bucket list.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Yup, loaded for bear I'd say. Nice shot of you and the bike/trailer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well to answer a couple questions I had about 120 lbs. in the trailer and the dry weight of the trailer is 145 lbs. I don't sleep on the ground I sleep on a cot with memory foam on it. Its two pieces from Wall Mart 1 1/2 inches thick. I use a compression sack to make it small. Plus my chair and grill and two burner stove. I like comfort when I camp and the trailer does it well.
When I arrived in Denver on rt 70 I headed towards Vail and took rt 91 to 24 down to 50. I just passed through because I had to head home because I miss judged my time. I still had a great time just riding and seeing the sites. Next big trip I will take more time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Very nice...I am thinking of getting a trailer hitch set up for the platform and eventually a trailer. It is a little tight right now with the Mrs..so I am thinking the trailer would help. How was the handling for you ? No problem with the pick up.....?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With the Bushtec the handling was good. You can't tell its behind you. Really. As far as the pick up its a Gold Wing pulling it so its no problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts