Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newby! This is my first post for me. I just purchased a 2004 Goldwing and am loving it. I am in Minnesota and the weather is not real appealing for a ride today, but it was earlier in the week. Hope to learn some tricks on how to add/customize my wing. I am not greatly gifted as a mechanic, but I can turn a wrench a bit. I am interested in learning how to add power ports to my wing. I am hoping for a GPS and would want to mount it and keep it powered up. Any ideas would be welcome. I am excited to be here and a wing owner. My first wing was a 1982 1100. I jumped 22 years with my new wing. I love my 04 1800 :).

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello mjcmn, welcome to GWOF. post a pic or two and congrats on the upgrade

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Pa..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amen Charlie, thanks for the welcome. I will try to post a picture as I am just learning how to do this. Great photo and great quotes!

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the welcome, I am very glad to be on board. I am a newby, so I have a lot to learn from all of you. I am very excited to be here. Thanks again.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Just posted what I did on some 12 volt plugs on my 1500, but you can do the same on your 1800. I use mine for GPS TPMS and Sirus radio, you won't have any problem doing it. Let me know if you need help.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
I am new to this, how do I post a picture? Thanks for the welcome!
No worries, Mate! A GWOF Life Coach will be along to help you with it!:p

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Welcome to the forum from snowy Alberta!

Check out RAM mounts for your GPS. A great product and you're sure to find what you need. Have fun customizing!

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Super Moderator
7,612 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.

Posting a photo is easy. At the bottom of the box you'll see a button that reads 'Go Advanced' click it and it takes you to a different page and you'll see a title 'Attach Files' click on the 'Manage Attachments' button and you'll get a new page or window, you can either upload from your computer or website and when done click 'Submit Reply' and done.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I have just put a GPS on my 1984 wing.
This is what I have done to mount my GPS. At the fuse box there is an accessory posts. The two wires for power was conected there and run them under the false tank to the left pocket. A double accessory was mounted there. The GPS is mounted on top of the dash with the wire runing down past the speaker and hidden to the power outlet. I will put photos up in a couple of days when I get back home.(I know my 1200 is nothing like your 1800, it is just what I was doing today)

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome to the site. Just remember to turn all your electronic goodies off before you park your bike for long periods of time if they are hard/direct wired.;)

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome from Oklahoma. Just posted what I did on some 12 volt plugs on my 1500, but you can do the same on your 1800. I use mine for GPS TPMS and Sirus radio, you won't have any problem doing it. Let me know if you need help.
Thanks for the reply, I will look for your post and learn. If I do have questions, I will send you a note. Thanks again. My wife has an uncle in Oklohoma. He is 84 I think and still ranches! I am impressed with Oklohomans!

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the reply, I will look for your post. I appreciate all of the help I can get. I love learning from those with information I don't have, which is a lot.
My wife has an aunt and uncle in Oklohoma, they are in their mid 80's and her uncle still raises cattle. I am impressed with him. Thanks again

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
You've got the photo posting down!

And you've also got a sweet Wing!:D

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF & nice ride.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.