Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new GW owner here in central NC. Been riding "again" for the past three years after not riding for years. Currently riding a Honda 1100 Vt1100t. Just acquired a 1997 SE, got it at a great price but of course with the price came some issues...I will post about these issues later. In the past three years I have put approximately 30,000 miles on a variety of bikes, 1100ACE, 750 Magna, 100 Sabre, 1100 Vstar, and my beloved 1100 ACE Tourer
I am 53 years young, married, two kids ages 20 and 22. One reason I purchased the wing is my wife likes to ride along so I was looking for something more comfortable. Not sure I will be able to "handle" the wing as I am 5' 6" with a 27" inseam...one of the first things I will be looking to do is lower the bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF ncnative. you could your wife to take the mfs course and then she could ride the 1100

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hi there ncnative. Be careful about lowering the bike, It makes it very difficult to use the centre stand. Check out some high lift shoes/boots before you do anything radical to the bike. It doesn't take long to get used to the Wing's heft either.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. You might try a custom seat before lowering the bike. I had a Saddleman Road Sofa which gave about a 27 - 28 inseam height. It worked for me and was really comfortable. Enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
ncnative
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida.
You may wish to have a custom made seat for your height and budoka's suggestion of thick soles boots a shoemaker can handle that. Messing with the suspension may not be a good idea and it reduces ground clearance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome...where do you call home...you'll find a lot of information, opinions and great stuff on this forum....but most important is to ride...ride...ride....

Safe Ride and Welcome...

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Adelaide Australia.I am of the same vintage,but was a bit more greedy in the family side. I have 6 kides from 32 down to 13.The two younges take turns for rides.I am not up to the same experience as most on this site.Most of my riding has been done in the outback and small bikes are easier to ride in sand and gravel.But my wife has promised to go on the back on a trip to the USA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts