Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the new Goldwing today with .5 miles on it. I also purchased the 5 year Honda extended warranty.
Today was the first 60+ degree day of the year here in Western WA. Only got about 40 miles on but all I can say is WOW. I am already enamored with the DCT. Bike is so easy to ride, smooth, powerful, and pretty fast.
It seems I have a bit to learn but I didn't really mess with much on the first ride. This bike is all about that 1833cc engine and DCT. Looking forward to exploring some of the features over the next couple of months! Alas, the rain cometh again tomorrow!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank

· Registered
2,205 Posts
Picked up the new Goldwing today with .5 miles on it. I also purchased the 5 year Honda extended warranty.
Today was the first 60+ degree day of the year here in Western WA. Only got about 40 miles on but all I can say is WOW. I am already enamored with the DCT. Bike is so easy to ride, smooth, powerful, and pretty fast.
It seems I have a bit to learn but I didn't really mess with much on the first ride. This bike is all about that 1833cc engine and DCT. Looking forward to exploring some of the features over the next couple of months! Alas, the rain cometh again tomorrow! View attachment 283445
if the new ones are like cars, just give it about 10k miles and let the computer open her up completely
most computers kind of keep things tuned down for the first 10k miles

Reactions: Limpy45

· Registered
748 Posts
Oh please don't pray toooooo much, for no rain..........Some of us, (like me) is praying for a good steady rainy day,(or two) to get the salt off the roadways, so we can ride also................. LOL

Where do you live sir?? There just might be a few of us out here in G/W land that just may like to meet up and ride with you, or stop for a nibble at your favorite luncheon spot....

Springfield Massachusetts for me

Ronnie
3/19/23

· Registered
2,205 Posts
We desperately need lots of rain
Most lakes in the area and west are at most half full

· Registered
10 Posts
It seems I have a bit to learn but I didn't really mess with much on the first ride. This bike is all about that 1833cc engine and DCT. Looking forward to exploring some of the features over the next couple of months! Alas, the rain cometh again tomorrow! View attachment 283445
Congrats on the new bike! Beautiful!

· Registered
2,205 Posts

· Registered
2006 GL1800 2003 Escapade trailer
230 Posts
I wish western cali could send some of the excess to western tejas
We're pretty full up here now and this is without the snow melt that will come. Unfortunately...our fabulous "leaders" here haven't done much on building new reservoirs to hold the extra water for when we have another dry spell.

My son moved to Magnolia, Texas a year and a half ago when he decided that the nice weather here wasn't worth staying for with the other shenanigans going on.

I read something interesting the other day...it said that the Great Lakes have enough water for everybody in the U.S. for A THOUSAND years...even if not another drop of rain falls.

Time to start some pipelines I guess.

· Registered
2,205 Posts
We're pretty full up here now and this is without the snow melt that will come. Unfortunately...our fabulous "leaders" here haven't done much on building new reservoirs to hold the extra water for when we have another dry spell.

My son moved to Magnolia, Texas a year and a half ago when he decided that the nice weather here wasn't worth staying for with the other shenanigans going on.

I read something interesting the other day...it said that the Great Lakes have enough water for everybody in the U.S. for A THOUSAND years...even if not another drop of rain falls.

Time to start some pipelines I guess.
western half of Texas has been dealing with the same LONG term drought as all the Lake Mead area
there are lakes in the western half of TX that have been 50-100 ft low for going on 10 years
all the eastern half are full and gates open
same kind of issues here, the powers that be won't put money or regulations that force infastructure owners to to fund expansion
as in our wonderful power grid, won't put a penny towards building more power plants when TX is one of the fastest growing states
so, same deal issues, to many politicians all over this great nation only worry about their next election, it was never meant to be a career that you could get rich off of
some of the bs here is one of the main reasons next year will be my last at teaching
someday, maybe the powers that be will start to do what is good for everyone and not a small special group, what ever happened to we all being brothers and sisters and look out for each other

· Registered
230 Posts
western half of Texas has been dealing with the same LONG term drought as all the Lake Mead area
there are lakes in the western half of TX that have been 50-100 ft low for going on 10 years
all the eastern half are full and gates open
same kind of issues here, the powers that be won't put money or regulations that force infastructure owners to to fund expansion
as in our wonderful power grid, won't put a penny towards building more power plants when TX is one of the fastest growing states
so, same deal issues, to many politicians all over this great nation only worry about their next election, it was never meant to be a career that you could get rich off of
some of the bs here is one of the main reasons next year will be my last at teaching
someday, maybe the powers that be will start to do what is good for everyone and not a small special group, what ever happened to we all being brothers and sisters and look out for each other
I really liked visiting and going through Texas. I stayed in Amarillo and ate at the Big Texan...also we first discovered The Cracker Barrel there. Stayed in Dallas and went to the Texas School Book Depository museum...very interesting.

I hear ya on the politicians...they DO NOT care about us regular people at all.

· Registered
2,205 Posts
I really liked visiting and going through Texas. I stayed in Amarillo and ate at the Big Texan...also we first discovered The Cracker Barrel there. Stayed in Dallas and went to the Texas School Book Depository museum...very interesting.

I hear ya on the politicians...they DO NOT care about us regular people at all.
what ever kind of landscape you want to see, it is most definitely in TX
piney woods, swamps, flat land prairie, rolling hills, beaches and palm trees, desert, mountains (sort of),
El Paso, TX is closer to LA CA than it is to Texarkana, TX

our brilliant Gov created a commission to find out why so many teachers are quitting, how about this for a novel idea, just ask some teachers, would have been free too

· Registered
2,205 Posts
but guess we kind of hijacked this one

back to riding, speaking of, I should get to ride to work the next three days at least, depending if we actually get rain Thursday night whether I get to ride Fri

· Registered
2,205 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting over to the twisted sisters.
that is a nice group of three farm roads

but another beautiful ride with nice sections of twisties that never gets any mention
is TX HWY 16 starting just out of San Antonio going north to Goldthwaite or Comanche (over 200 miles)
but 16 goes almost to the OK border, but what I listed is the best, pretties part for bikes
if you Google map it.......... you will have to zoom in down close to San Antonio before 16 shows up, it heads NW out of SA
give it a look

it gets pretty close to Leakey and the twisted sisters

· Registered
230 Posts
that is a nice group of three farm roads

but another beautiful ride with nice sections of twisties that never gets any mention
is TX HWY 16 starting just out of San Antonio going north to Goldthwaite or Comanche (over 200 miles)
but 16 goes almost to the OK border, but what I listed is the best, pretties part for bikes
if you Google map it.......... you will have to zoom in down close to San Antonio before 16 shows up, it heads NW out of SA
give it a look
I will do that 1st thing when I get home. Leaving work right now...thanks for the tip

· Registered
2,205 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh please don't pray toooooo much, for no rain..........Some of us, (like me) is praying for a good steady rainy day,(or two) to get the salt off the roadways, so we can ride also................. LOL

Where do you live sir?? There just might be a few of us out here in G/W land that just may like to meet up and ride with you, or stop for a nibble at your favorite luncheon spot....

Springfield Massachusetts for me

Ronnie
3/19/23
Maybe someday! I am in WA. State!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts