Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got back form taking my wife on our first Ride on our new wing .
It was great alot better than the little 650 I have. I didn't even know that she was there. It was more her idea to get the goldwing. she wanted a big back seat. So in a way she paid 15,000 for a back seat and I got bigger bike free. She was happy after the ride and said she could ride a long way on that seat. Looking like many more longer rides in the future.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Great news, if she is happy...................

:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
My wife says the back seat is the only place where she has no responsilities. Other than staying on and not talking too much, not a lot else that she has to do. She would get rid of me if I got rid of the Wing, and I wouldn't blame her :)
Strst

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
there's nothing like a good back seat ;)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I was wondering about this the other day when I saw the new GW bagger with the solo seat: what percentage of Wings bought to date were bought primarily for the back seat? I bet LOTS. Mine certainly was.

Enjoy the rides with your wife!

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Careful guys you know why they put a back seat on motorcycles ???????:p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Careful guys you know why they put a back seat on motorcycles ???????:p:rolleyes:
So that we're allowed to buy them?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
You have her hooked now...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love my Wing, well it is my third one, but still love it.
My Wife hasn't been on it yet, except sitting on it in the driveway.
She got on it while it still had the trike kit on, and said she could ride just fine.
Our Grandaughter went for a ride with me last weekend and said she likes this bike best
of the three she has been on.
Now she wants to know when I can get her a helmet she can talk to me on.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
I know what you mean Ron...I have absolutely no conscience when I ride solo. Sure changes when the pillion is occupied though!:eek::D

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wife is why I bought a wing as well. Just did a week long solo trip and was still great to have the wing. Handles great in the mountains, and freeways, and in the rain, and in freezing temperatures, and......

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Ditto SB. My wife suggested I sell the ST and get another Wing...who was I to argue:D I coughed up the coin and she got the passenger seating comfort.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes dear

I had gotten tired of adding on accessories to my big Boulevard to get more ride time for my wife (which means more for me). When she swung her leg off the Wing after the test ride and said "We could take that to Florida...." it was all over!

Others have said it and I repeat it..."It's her bike, I'm just the driver".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts