Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my new Wing on Friday and went of a 300 mile ride on Saturday to break it in. Discovered that I will need road pegs.

Averaged 37.5 miles per gallon, travelled I-95 at 75 to 80 mph on cruise for the majority of trip. Stopped for fuel at 209.9 miles and still had one gallon of gas remaining...I now know that getting 200 miles plus from a tank of gas is possible.

Ordered two one-inch peg clamps from RIVCO, I think I can marry them up with my Kuryakyn ISO Dually Pegs, hope I don't need any kind of extensions.

Love the power of the Wing. To be safe, I hung my guardian bell (Gremlin Bell) (Not really a bell, I have a small Handgrenade) on my right Helmet Lock. Plain on riding a 100 miles today to visit a big Flea Market near Melbourne, FL, right off I-95. A vendor sell all kinds of leather goods and another sell just about any patch you'll ever want to buy. Hope the current economy hasn't put them out of business.

Ride Safe,
T-Rex

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Just one suggestion. To do it's job best, the Gremlin Bell is to be suspended from the lowest place possible-such as off the lowest part of the front tip-over bar.:D
Enjoy the Wing

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Next you'll be whining for a backrest. The nice thing about a Wing is that a 100 mile ride looks like a trip down to the grocery store.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Now were are the pics.. We love pics. Glad you live where there still is a riding season. We Northerners can only dream until spring... Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Congrats T-Rex. Looking out at my snowcovered deck anf the frozen lake beyond makes Florida look pretty good about now.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
congrats on getting the new wing t-rex but we need to see a pic of it so we know you got a new wing., no pic = didn't happen :)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, The first 2 thing I add to a Gold Wing are highway pegs and a drivers backrest. Enjoy it as I know you will

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Congrats on the new wing :)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Congrats, and welcome from N.C.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Budoka,
What part of Alberta are you in. I get up there off and on to get a load of propane...

·
Registered
455 Posts
:eek: I can see that you are Hooked!!!! :eek:

Hope that you enjoy many great rides on that beautiful bike.:)

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Sweet! I know that you will love it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gremlin Bell

Thanks for the info re: the Gremlin Bell tgDeputDawg.

However, in Florida, because of alligators, pitbulls, quicksand, snakes and rednecks, I pull the bell up high to prevent theft by opportunity or ingestion. :)

In a restaurant parking lot a passerby asked if the Wing had Air Conditioning as he pointed to the vents on the fairing. I told him yes but it only worked well at speeds in excess of 70mph. He was serious, I wasn't :D

My little grand niece thought my Wing was the same color as Big Bird on Sesame Street, my niece said yeah, a Big Bird with a grenade in its ass. (She rides a VTX):)

In truth, I hung the bell (grenade) high because bending over is very difficult with my varioud disabilities.
Merry Christmas You'all,
T-Rex

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats from Lake Worth,Fl Great bike you will enjoy it ride. Got mine 29 days ago. 2500 miles on it, cant wait to get on it every day..

Safe Riding and Happy Holidays

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! I just bought my first ever wing this past fall and wish I would have done it years ago. It must be nice to live in a climate that allows you to ride year round (ya lucky dog). I parked mine for the season thanksgiving week and have already been out on the snowmobile. It's only December and I can't wait for spring. From the frozen northland, take care and be safe!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
new bike

Congrats on the new bike.

I just got back from a week in Orlando Florida. Sun shine every day. It was nice to me. Some folks down there were wearing ear muffs when the weather was below 60. I was wearing a tee shirt the entire time.... people would ask "Are you from the north?"

Raining every day since I got back. Thinking about moving to Florida.... as it looked like perfect motorcycle territory.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, The first 2 thing I add to a Gold Wing are highway pegs and a drivers backrest. Enjoy it as I know you will
Congrats Budoka!

Hey Joe... that is good advise... and I have a question for you. I notice you have a mudflap on the bottom of your front fender extension; where did you get that - or did you fabricate one?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts