Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my first ride and my first thought was my Harley is more comfortable. But as the miles went by it got better. Back rest and hyway pegs will help. Now the power? Holy crap does it have power. I had a Z1 back in 75 and that was fast but this? No problem passing. It did not feel heavy at all and handles nicely. I thought the front end was some stiff but did ride better than my Harley. I was in heavy traffic,back roads amd hyway and it did well. I WANT ONE! It was a 08 with nav. That I do not need. I have a TomTom Rider I like. All in all a very nice machine that has tons of power and can be comfortable with some after market help. Now for a early morning ride to bring it back.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Utopia back rest and some kuryaken pegs and your good to go. Now if you have a better half on back the list goes on for ever....:D

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Glad you had a good "first" ride. Lots to think about... and enjoy.. It will be hard to "give it back".. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
If you don't want the factory GPS you just knocked $1,000 of the purchase price of your Goldwing. My first purchase was the Highway Floorboards and that really changed the way the bike felt and handled. A few weeks later I had the Utopia Backrest. Coming off a cruiser the " high up " seating position seemed awkward at first. I kept wanting to get myself lower into the bike. It felt like riding a horse. But when I can ride 400 miles in a day trip, park the bike and walk upright into my house , I thank my Wing for taking me the distance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Better ride

dont for get put the heel toe floor broards on makes it a whole lot better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts