Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frosty is a High School Teacher and will be retuning to the class room on Monday. I wanted to have a ride with him now that he is back on the bike. I got back home on Wednesday and had a doctor apointment Thursday. When the doctor had finished with me I said to Vanessa that I wanted to do a ride with Frosty before he started teaching again. Vanessa give the go ahead for the ride and by the time I got home was 2pm. I then rang frosty to see if we could have a ride on Friday with him. So it was all system go. My daughter was to come with me. We were packed and ready to go by 3pm.
Adelaide to Mt Gambier is 300 miles and it get's dark here at 6pm and I don't like riding at night because we have the biggest grass hopper in the world. (kangaroos) I didn't have the wing full of gas so I decieded to have a two stops for gas on the way to Mt Gambier. The first stop was at Tailem Bend at 70 mile from my home. All was well we had a 10 minute stop for gas and on our way again. Next stop was at Kingston and arriving at 5:30pm. Left Kingston at 5:45 and it was almost dark, which make it a bad time for Roos. Just out of Kingston was a 7 foot roo at the side of the road. It frighted the c....p out of me as we missed him by 2 yards at 75mph. The rest of the trip was done at 65mph to give me some chance of stoping in time. We arrived at Mt Gambier at 8:10pm with out no more scares. I will have to contine this story tomorrow as it is 1am here. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i'm glad frosty is back on a motorcycle and taking his first road trip. i'm also glad that those grass hoppers didn't get ya

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Other than the zoos, the only 'roos we saw there were road kills...lots of em! We didn't travel at night for that reason. Glad you missed them!

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friday morning was wash the bikes have breaky and out on the bikes. Kemeri came along because of a stop at the chocolate shop. Most of the roads around Mt Gambier are flat and straight. But when you are a local you know where the twisties are. It was good to see Frosty giving that 600 RR Honda heaps. I had the 1200 wing pegged but we keeped up and Kemeri loved the spirited riding. The chocolate shop did get a visit and made it to the wing. At the next stop Frosty asked me if I would like to give the 600 RR a bit of a go. I have never ridden such a beast before and I think it frightens me more than the roos. With the right hand pegged my but was pushed hard into back rest and I was hanging on for dear life. At 140mph was fast enough for me and it was just starting to play. Not the type of bike for me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
Good to see Frosty back on a bike.
I have to agree with you, the sport bikes aren't for me either.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
Nice to see those happy faces back together mate with a good ride report. I've never ridden a sport bike with that much grunt. Must be a hoot even if only for the short term.

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Nice report Mate give our regards to Frosty.

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
I could swear just a few months ago you had Frosty hooked up to a ventilator. Maybe I just imagined it.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Frosty is still recovering and at the moment is a real CAT member. And what are older brothers for, but to give them heaps. He had to have a rest every 30 miles or so. He was riding that bike hard. I had the wing absolutely pegged to keep up. And Kemeri is a little speed demon. She wasn't scared at all. Riding like that I got 30mpg out of the wing. You can't get power and economy at the same time. On the way home I got 38mpg at 75-80 mph. We covered 300 miles in 5 hours with 2 gas stops. Eric

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Glad to see Frosty back in action,and glad you guys had a good ride together.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
I have never ridden such a beast before and I think it frightens me more than the roos. With the right hand pegged my but was pushed hard into back rest and I was hanging on for dear life. At 140mph was fast enough for me and it was just starting to play. Not the type of bike for me.
Hehe Eric, now you know what it's like to be a Hoon on two wheels too!;). No matter who you are or how much edperience you have, RR bikes demand respect and concentration of a different level than other bikes; very easy to get in over your head and then it can really hit the fan:eek:. And they don't have to be litre bikes in displacement either;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts