Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temps have been steady rising over the past two weeks & this weekend was shaping up to be a good one with temps of 16 degrees which is very mild for this time of year. :)
This morning when I woke up I looked out of the window to a lovely sunny day, I'm normally take my time getting ready on the weekend but not this morning I got showered & had breakfast in record time.
I got the Wing out of the garage & did my ususal checks tyres pressures, oil etc. At 10am me & wife put on our gear on & headed for the motorway 2 miles down the road, then headed east towards the coast. The roads were quiet at first along the M62 & M1 then we took the A64 towards York were the traffic started to build up a little which didn't matter to me because I was grinning like a cheshire cat. The first part of the A64 is a dual carriageway which is pretty boring but the second part is a single carriage with some nice twisties which I have been looking forward too for months. We were riding for about 1 1/2 hours we reached Scarborough & loving every minute of it the radio was blurring out of the speakers & the sun was beaming down.
Scarborough is a typical english seaside town with a 3 mile long promenade full of amusement arcades, fish & chip shops & ice cream parlours. It was full of day trippers from nearby town & lots of fellow bikers with every bike you think of, I even meet a couple of fellow Wingers I have never met before.
We had a nice lunch in a local pub & did some shopping then headed back to the Wing. My Wing always gets plenty of attention from the public & ended up chatting to nice old guy I let him sit on it while his wife took a picture.
We set off back home the long way round on more twisties & stopped off 1/2 way to take a pic of the wife & the Wing, we returned home 2 1/2 hours after we left Scarborough.
It was a fantastic day & I can't wait to do it again but it won't be for another month:(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. My wife and I had the pleasure to be in your beautiful country last September. Gorgeous countryside; nice people.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Sounded like it was a great outing. Looking forward to a little better weather here in the N.W. corner.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Sounds like a great time was had by all. Thanks for taking us along. Nice 2000 Wing. I had a 98 just like it. They are great bikes and always draw a crowd. Ride safe and I hope you get out again... soon..

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
sounds like an enjoyable days ride, nice pic of the wife with the wing too. all you guys out riding got me motivated so i put the battery for the 450 on the charger :)

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Sounds like a great first season ride. Glad you had a good one. Now I'm really stoked to ride, but I still have to wait.:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a great ride. My wife and I had the pleasure to be in your beautiful country last September. Gorgeous countryside; nice people.
Thank you for your nice comments, I also have had the pleasure to being in your wonderful country & will be again in about 2 weeks time, everyone I met were so welcoming & friendly.:)
I'm doing the theme parks in orlando with the family for 2 weeks I would love to hire a bike for a while to explore but that will have to wait for another year or so.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Good to see you out and about. Going to the USA and not get on the bike. Dam. Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts