Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the site as I just bought a new 08 GL 1800. First two days put 608 miles on her.. The dealer mentioned to bring it in the first 30 days or 4000 miles which ever comes first. Don't think I will get the 4k on her. Anyhow, wondered if I did the first oil change/filter, does that effect the warranty? You guys do your own servicing?

Thanks

TXRider..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You don't have to bring it to the dealer for anything, you can do the oil change and all other maintenance yourself. I and many others do the first change at 500 to 1,000 miles, just to get any foreign matter out of the motor. Just keep a log of everything you do, when you do it and the mileage at which it was done. I know a couple of guys that had warranty work done and they were never asked for any service records. I have my records on a spread sheet. You might want to keep the receipts from the oil you buy just to be safe,

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Change it yourself, including the filter, and stick to the maint schedule in your manual and you will be fine. Joe's right about keeping records. The documentation also helps the new owner if and when you sell the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts