Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the first oil change on my new-to-me Wing and I can't believe how easy it was to do on these bikes. Now from a video I watched on changing the air filter, that might be a different animal! ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Changing the oil is pretty simple but the air filter is a little more involved. Steve Sanders Gold Wing forum has a video for it. It took me 3 hrs to do it. It really isn't too bad at all.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
On the air filter just know what you took off last and yes the Steve Sanders video is great, my first time to do the air filter took me about 3 hours, a great winter in the garage job.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
On the oil change, once you've done it, it takes about 15 minutes from then on. Easy to do.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Did the first oil change on my new-to-me Wing and I can't believe how easy it was to do on these bikes. Now from a video I watched on changing the air filter, that might be a different animal! ;)
Oil Change is a breeze. Don't forget to change the fluid in you final drive....

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
AS with mosat things on a the GL1800, it's the apprehension rather than the doing that's the worst. Although I will say cutting my seat open for the Utopia made my stomach roll a mite!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AS with mosat things on a the GL1800, it's the apprehension rather than the doing that's the worst. Although I will say cutting my seat open for the Utopia made my stomach roll a mite!
Reminds me of when I installed the top rails on the hard side bags on last bike, a '01 Nomad. I can't tell you how many times I measured for those holes before I actually drilled through those bags! :eek:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Like the Old Carpenters Rule Measure Twice Cut Once.
I tend to measure several times before Cutting or drilling on Expensive Plastic.
Rusty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts