Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving from Harley ultra Limited to Goldwing touring. Haven’t purchased yet but in the market for a newer model i.e. 2021. Any suggestions on first accessories or modifications? I didn’t make too many to my Harley—just rear shocks, passenger foot pegs and a windshield (which didn’t reduce the wind that much)

·
Registered
2018 DCT pearl Hawkeye blue
3,977 Posts
The only accessories I put on my 2018 DC T was a back rest, highway pegs, and a cupholder. All comfort items. I don’t have any need for anything else.

·
Administrator
15,393 Posts
I just bought my 2021 in June. The only thing I've added is the back rest. I haven't figured out highway pegs or a cup holder yet. I'm not in a hurry.

On my 2010 I had a belly pan, but I haven't heard much about those for the new models.

Good luck on your search for a bike.

·
Administrator
29,074 Posts
The aforementioned accessories are always a keeper. After that, take your time and get use to the bike. You will learn firsthand what add ons you yearn. That as always is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have a 2012. I did add a backrest, highway pegs and Air Wings. All for comfort. And the spoiler and driving lights for the extra lighting. NO stick on chrome though. I do have a cup holder mounted, but very seldom use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Moving from Harley ultra Limited to Goldwing touring. Haven’t purchased yet but in the market for a newer model i.e. 2021. Any suggestions on first accessories or modifications? I didn’t make too many to my Harley—just rear shocks, passenger foot pegs and a windshield (which didn’t reduce the wind that much)
Mods depend on single rider or 2up! I have 2021 DCT tour, best bike made period! Long trips with wife required some mods, 1. Subframe trunk kit from traxxion dynamics to move trunk back 1 1/2” gave wife perfect comfort for long rides. (She literally sleeps on the highway). 2.good touring pegs for driver, individual choice, I use “gold strike”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mods depend on single rider or 2up! I have 2021 DCT tour, best bike made period! Long trips with wife required some mods, 1. Subframe trunk kit from traxxion dynamics to move trunk back 1 1/2” gave wife perfect comfort for long rides. (She literally sleeps on the highway). 2.good touring pegs for driver, individual choice, I use “gold strike”.
My wife also likes to sleep on the highway. I’ll let her know she’s not alone

·
Registered
37 Posts
I personally have a cup holder, along with the highway pegs my hubby put on when he was the driver, a luggage rack, and the fancy passenger pegs that we had put on when we got the bike. I use the heck out of the cup holder, I'm into the hydration thing. LOVED the passenger foot rests when I was a passenger. They had a piece that would flip up to give me more position options. I used them ALL the time. I do use the highway pegs, mostly in the summer, because in the winter, I'm trying to stay a bit warmer. The luggage rack got used a lot when it was me and the hubs, before the sidecar was added. Never got to take a trip after we got the sidecar put on, so don't know how much more stuff we could have hauled around with it. Now that it's just me, for the most part, I haven't used the rack, as the sidecar holds way more stuff than I really need to take.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And, your wife sleeps on the highway?!?!?! Doesn't she know what she's missing?!?!?! I spent most of the trip up to Washington state, taking pictures. I think we actually stopped just to take pictures 2 times. I think I took like 250 on the trip up, and about that many on the trip home. So much to see!!!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Wife sleeps and if on the super slab she reads also. When I got each of our wings the first things added were to make the wife happy, arm rests, a pouch for one arm rest to hold her books and snacks, and a drink holder for the other arm rest. You know the old saying ( happy wife, happy life) .😁

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
2021 dct tOUR
7 Posts
I put the Honda lower air deflectors on my 21 Tour. Had to get the heat off my knees, it’s hot in Florida in the summer. Also added front floorboards from Goldstrike. Never had boards before but really like them. I’m a shorts and flip flops kind of guy and the floorboards are excellent for light duty shoes. I haven’t heard anyone else talk about exhaust mods but I did change mine. 2 guys racing makes flow through mufflers that fit in the original shell so changed. A nice upgrade to the sound. No drone but a nice tone when in the throttle. $999. Had torque loops and torquemaster mufflers on my F6B so I had to have a bit more than stock. Really happy with them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts