Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left North Western Ontario,traveled around north shore lake superior, sudbury,over to Ottawa.1200 miles first two days, OUCH. crossed to USA at Cornwall,around top of Lake Champlain down 108/100 following central Vermont,across the $5. Ferry to Ticonderoga, up to Lake Placid, down to Utica, over to Buffalo. Crossed to Canada,went to London,Crossed again at Sarnia ,up center of Michigan to Mackinaw Bridge , across #2 to Superior/Duluth and 150 miles north to home. Did the trip on a recently purchased 83 Aspencade, ran perfect, and was a step up from my last bike, 79 goldwing. Highlights of the trip was north shore of Lake Superior, central Vermont, highly recommend smugglers notch just north of stowe, Ben and Jerrys ice cream factory (yummy samples), Lake Placid area, northern Michigan and hwy 2 west of the Mackinaw Bridge. This trip was my first long ride in 29 years and definatly gave me the riding bug again, I will have to start looking for a newer Wing! Sorry airplane!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did the trip on a recently purchased 83 Aspencade, ran perfect, and was a step up from my last bike, 79 goldwing.
It's about time your Egypt ass gets some miles under your belt but a plastic '83 Asp will never "ever" be a "step up" to a '78 or a '79 GL1000. Dream on baby all you want but it's not going to happen. 29 years ago you never gave a shit about your ride and you never talked to it, and it ignored you. Now the '83 is good? Wake the f*** up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Nice ride

That was a good one wildcat, it is easier on an 1800 though.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
How good is it to get back on two wheels. Enjoy your trips and tell us about them. You will find there is so many places that you will explore because you have a bike.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip! As far as the year of your wing i cant comment other than if you are happy and in the wind that is really all that matters!!

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
That sounds like a very good trip. Now you start to plan the next one.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
cornwall,on. the last stop before entering qb. provence and hwy 2 in the up is a nice ride

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
I plan on crossing the Mackinac Bridge, getting on US 2 and heading to the Pacific one day. Once I'm there I'll figure out what to do next.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Great ride wildcat! North shore of Superior and Superior Provincial Park are hard to beat.
I found the bug doesn't disappear, it just lies dormant and you never know when it's gonna pop up and say "I'm back" :).
Ride safe,
Strat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts