Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of listening to my brother tell me how great the Goldwing is, I finally broke down and bought a 2010 Goldwing. I have to admit that my brother was right in regard to comfort and the ease that the bike eats up the miles.

My first day ride was about 115 miles - started the motor at the dealership and shut it off when I got home. The ride was pretty much a slow cruise to get used to the bikes highway handling and I never took it over about 60 mph.

The next two days were spent riding even slower to get used to the handling in parking lots and in town. Slow speed riding showed a major difference between the Goldwing and my '02 Concours, and I felt like I was learning to ride all over again.

With 160 miles on the bike I took off on Monday for a 480+ mile ride and it was great. By the time I returned home on Wednesday, I had 1,300 miles logged. The wing handled flawlessly, and I had no soreness at all. I did install highway pegs prior to leaving, and I think that they helped.

So far I love the bike, and think it is a great addition to the Concours (43k miles).

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Where do you call home?? Sounds like you are putting lots of great miles on the bike. Enjoy the site and ride safe...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am out of Wichita, KS. The Monday-Wednesday ride was from Wichita to Abilene, TX wth Tuesday spent riding in Abilene. I am really looking forward to the October ride in the mountains of Arkansas with my brother.

[edit] Got the avatar to load [/edit]

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
WElcome to the forum Promethius, and congrats on the Wing

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
" Promethius (sp ? ) Unbound ! " Just arrived to Goldwing World last November. What a great bike ! I sold everything I had to get her , except the wife. For me , it's not an addition to anything else; it is it.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome aboard, and you can see in your mirrors! Wings are fun!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I am sure the bike was more fun to ride at 60 or 90 mph then at 5mph. With time they are both great. Ride safely.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the wing. Big change of style from the Conti. I moved to the Wing from a Zed. EVERYTHING CHANGED!:D

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new GW.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF promethius

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome from GA. I know what you mean about going from a smaller bike to a GW. Been riding sport bikes for years... what a difference getting on this monster last month. It has been great so far. The GSXR has been sitting for a while now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts