Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven around town on the 1994 1500 GL Trike I bought this week but yesterday I rode it on a 240 mile ride with the Southern Cruisers that I belong to. It was a beautiful day and the Mountains in Arkansas were fun as usualt to ride and their were a bunch of groups of riders out doing rides.

I was a little worried about taking an untested bike on the ride but the GL 1500 performed as it should. I had it serviced Friday with and oil change, new fuel filter, and new battery. The Trike tipped 48,000 miles on the odometer on the trip. My major worry was the old tires on it so I won't do another trip until I have them replaced. They are ordered and should be here mid week and I'll try to get them mounted and balanced by the weekend. I thought the rear car tires would be easy but no dealer in town carried P205 70 14's as I guess they are an old style and out of fashion so I got a set of Generals being shipped in by Tire Rack.

The Trike got 29 MPG on the first tank but then after about 100 miles the Sea Foam must have cleaned it out because my last two fill ups I averaged 37.8 MPG.

All in All it was a wonderful day until we hit a major rain storm 30 miles from home. We got wet but still had fun.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Great news to hear the trike is running better. Smart move getting the old tires off. They sound like compact car tires, I'm amazed no one had them or even an equivalent.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I was out today with a few riders of the Manassas, VA chapter of Southern Cruisers. We did a half day 100 mile or so ride and glad we did because the storms hit hard and fast here late this afternoon. You brought your chapter friends along on this maiden voyage of yours ? Good thinking. All for one and one for all.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Happy to hear things are working out. I rode a little in Arkansas a couple months ago, great area. I hope to go back and see some more of it this fall.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
always good to have some peeps along with you. Good call

1 - 5 of 5 Posts