Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left Cape Cod last Friday and returned yesterday from a 2700 mile trip around the block. Down 95 to Bracey VA. then to Jacksonville NC. then west to Inman SC. All that was pretty dry. A few showers but not bad. Once I left SC. I was pretty much in rain. Some hard rain at times but I felt safe on the Wing. Its a good rain bike if there is one. My ass and back are sore while riding but after a 400 mile day your not tired. You don't fight the bike. It goes where you want it to go. So it rained but I would do it again. Its part of why we ride.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Good to hear. We are about to head north next weekend and with all the rain up there this spring I'm betting on a wet ride for a day or two. Glad you had a good one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on the ride. Riding in the rain isn't fun, but it comes with the territory if you are going to actually do some touring. Sounds like it was good for your soul.

Glad you made the trip. And glad you made it safely.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Hopefully in a little less than a month I'll be headed to Colorado and New Mexico for my first long trip on the Wing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rain Suit

Congrats on the first Ride, Rain is part of the total experience, I always think it will blow over and it rarely does, more times than not, I don't put my rain suit on until it pours. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats on the long ride. My first one was also 2700 miles, (MMDCC) to New Mexico and Colorado, only the wife got wet,,, heh heh, long story

·
Registered
18 Posts
Headed to Rocky Mntns. Nat. Park in about a week (from Houston). Not sure about the route on the way back... going to do some zig zagging for sure through Colorado, New Mexico, and maybe eastern Arizona too. Can't wait to get back on the road!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Good to see you out and about. 2700 miles is a good ride, did you get some photos. Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts