Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been my first year on a Gold Wing. Since I enjoy writing, I have been writing about learning how to ride and tour on the Wing. The writing is taking on a book-like form. I did a couple chapters this year, and will probably keep adding a few more each year. To read this year's installment, go to the link below. Merry Christmas, everyone.

http://seattleboatguy.com/wingman/00_contents.html

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Aint Gold Wings great. Have a great second year with many happy and safe miles.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
That was a nice read. I accidentally got up about 1:00 a.m. and was looking for something light and interesting , and there was your post. I'll have to ride down and get an autographed copy.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
That's a good read. Getting to know a Wing is always interesting.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
I'll have to ride down and get an autographed copy.
Down? I thought Seattle was up in the NW from you unless you take the other way around the bottom of the world. Love you man. :D

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Down? I thought Seattle was up in the NW from you unless you take the other way around the bottom of the world. Love you man. :D
Lee lives in Va. they are the top of the world and you just keep that Wing going and you will have a lote the say.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
This has been my first year on a Gold Wing.[/URL]
I haven't read this yet but will do so a little later. This is my first year riding Wings too friend as I got an 85 LTD last December and a 95 Aspencade in January. Between the two I've rode about 12,000 miles this year and have loved it. I had moved up from riding Burgman Maxiscooters which was a big step for me. At first I was a bit intimidated by the heft of the Wing however now am very comfortable with it and my wife loves it too. Congratulations friend on the Anniversary of your first year on a Wing. May you have many more wonderful years in a Wing saddle.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Lee lives in Va. they are the top of the world and you just keep that Wing going and you will have a lote the say.
As far as Texans go; the world ends at the Red River. Everything else is....well....another world.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Very glad the Wing is doing you well. Quite a read you have going there, looking forward to more.:cool:

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Very nice. I've read the first two and look forward to more. I too keep a journal of my travel experiences, but I don't write as well as you.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
SB congratulations ....I to am finsihing my first year on the Wing. I give it very high grades for handling, low vibration, low noise and having some many extras. I am very happy with my decsion to purchase a wing. It fits my needs and then some. Ride safe ..look forward to seeing your stories....:D

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Happy first anniversary...

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Great blog my man. Enjoyed reading it. Glad your enjoying the wing and whole motorcycling experience.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Enjoyed the read and could relate to your early trepidation of the weight and massiveness of the bike. After riding my Wings this year about 12,000 miles, I got back on a Maxiscooter recently and wondered how I ever felt safe riding them down the road at high speeds with those little wheels and nothing between my legs.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
:)I loved the read, best part was the bridge and the U TURN from Hell

·
Banned
103 Posts
I'm coming up on year 5 with mine. After riding HD for many years, this was a traumatic experience in the beginning. I was used to the whole 'Wild Bunch' thing. Guess I'm to old for all that now, but my brain hasn't caught up to that ... so far. That aside ...

I have found it to be a truly amazing machine. On the road or on the way to work, it just grows on you.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Fun read.....Many similarities to when I started riding my Wing. Keep on riding and writing and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.