Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of you who know what the LONG ride is about! Been riding for 30 + years. Had a Benelli age 18. HD Sportster. Magna 700, elite scooter (when kids were really small), Interstate '84 (used), new '91 ST 1100 with ABS, BMW R1100RS, BMW K12LT(05, bought in '06), HD softail, traded both for awesome VTX 1800 N with lots of options. I love it for the short hauls, wife hates the ride PERIOD. This week am getting an '08 Pearl White, and am very excited that she will go for the long hauls again. From all I've read, the ride should be better than the K12LT ! My salute to you all that learned a long time ago what the ride could be on a GW1800!:)

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Right back at you TDBGW from the Keystone State. This is a great site with equally great people. There is nothing like the long ride with your significant other. I know the little lady & I enjoy every mile together. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Keystone Beauty

Right back at you TDBGW from the Keystone State. This is a great site with equally great people. There is nothing like the long ride with your significant other. I know the little lady & I enjoy every mile together. Ride Safe.
Really look forward to a ride in Your great state! We did the The Needles Highway as well as the Badlands Loop in early morning on our last trip together, and a trip east to your great state of PA would be great. I wrote to your Gov when I was a kid in grade school, and he actually wrote back! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Right church, wrong pew. Your right about S.D. it is a beautiful state and actually my wife & I will be there this summer however the Keystone State is Pa. not that anyone is going to care either way.:D

Okay I see this is going to be a long thread. HAHAHA

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Come on out We have lot's of nice areas. Rt.6 across the State goes through some really pretty country.

By the way that had to be a while ago when one of our Govs. would take the time to do that.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome from your southern neighbor, N.W. Il. what part of the dairyland do you hail from?

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Hi to all of you who know what the LONG ride is about! Been riding for 30 + years. Had a Benelli age 18. HD Sportster. Magna 700, elite scooter (when kids were really small), Interstate '84 (used), new '91 ST 1100 with ABS, BMW R1100RS, BMW K12LT(05, bought in '06), HD softail, traded both for awesome VTX 1800 N with lots of options. I love it for the short hauls, wife hates the ride PERIOD. This week am getting an '08 Pearl White, and am very excited that she will go for the long hauls again. From all I've read, the ride should be better than the K12LT ! My salute to you all that learned a long time ago what the ride could be on a GW1800!:)
Let me hazard a guess: The bike was your choice, the color was hers ? Was there, done that. I love my '08 " Pearley " White. Rides the same as the other colors. P.S. We have a good member on this forum from Sheboygon, WI. " WA9FWT" claims he lives where one can smell the " Dairy- Aire ".

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Enjoy the bike, enjoy the site and ride safe whatever state your in.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF tdbgw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Choice

Let me hazard a guess: The bike was your choice, the color was hers ? Was there, done that. I love my '08 " Pearley " White. Rides the same as the other colors. P.S. We have a good member on this forum from Sheboygon, WI. " WA9FWT" claims he lives where one can smell the " Dairy- Aire ".
I really had no choice but to continue riding alone on the VTX or go the way I did. Couldn't pass on the deals with 08 with audio/comfort/navi/abs/airbag (tho I hope I never need the airbag part)...I chose the color over the red because I had a CJ for10 years that was white and everyone always praised how clean I kept it, and I was always shocked, 'cause does one ever wash a JEEP Wrangler?

In SW Wisconsin we have lots of "Dairy-Aire" also, but some of the neatest rides along the Mississippi also.:D

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Good choice TDBGW! always liked the white GL's. Now let the farkling begin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts