Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yep, after owning and riding bikes for about 40 years, I finally bought my first Goldwing. I love it ! It's nice to be really excited about a bike again. Just have one question and I'm sure hundreds of you out there have the answer. My new ride is a 1999 1500se. How much will I expect to pay a dealer to replace the timing belts if I whimp out and decide not to do them myself?

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. I previously owned a 98 GL1500 SE. Great bike. I never had the belts replaced on my 98, but my guess is somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 to $500 depending on dealer labor costs per hour. Maybe someone who has had it done can give you a better estimate.

Enjoy your new Wing and ride safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've put almost 2000 miles on her since I bought it in Augest bringing it up to about 85,000. So far so good - great ride. Different from anything I've ever owned (better). The bike is in great shape, but I know it's about due for timing belts and I was looking at doing them as a winter project unless it was really afordable thru a dealer.
Just getting lazy in my old age.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Timing Belts

Just had new belts put on my '94 1500 about a month ago at my local bike shop (not a Honda dealer). Cost $100.00 for the belts and $130.00 labor to have installed, I thought that was reasonable, plus did'nt have time to do it myself anyway.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts