·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Nice work on the radio install

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can you provide more details about your radio upgrade? It looks super clean.

·
Registered
2003 Goldwing in Red (the fastest color)
1,506 Posts
Great looking install, more information please.👍

Reactions: Limpy45

·
Registered
1 Posts
I could not stand it anymore. Had to have Bluetooth on my 1998 goldwing 1500.
I tried to get the molded faceplate from Unobtainable 2.0. Unfortunately, he is no longer making those, and they really are "Unobtainable". Basically, I got a piece of plate metal. Used a Dremel to shape the faceplate. I did make a cardboard template first to get somewhat close. Once I had the faceplate perfect, I used a self-adhesive Faux carbon fiber to cover the plate. I was really surprised by how easy this when on. I spent probably 2 hours on the fabrication of the faceplate. Labor of Love!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I tried to get the molded faceplate from Unobtainable 2.0. Unfortunately, he is no longer making those, and they really are "Unobtainable". Basically, I got a piece of plate metal. Used a Dremel to shape the faceplate. I did make a cardboard template first to get somewhat close. Once I had the faceplate perfect, I used a self-adhesive Faux carbon fiber to cover the plate. I was really surprised by how easy this when on. I spent probably 2 hours on the fabrication of the faceplate. Labor of Love!
Had to update your forum name? Reregister?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I could not stand it anymore. Had to have Bluetooth on my 1998 goldwing 1500.
What radio is that? I'm trying to find a replacement with Bluetooth for my '83 GL1100i which is currently in parts on my garage floor. Bought it last year for $300, rode it home 3 hours from Ohio. Runs beautiful, rough looking though.

I've got almost everything done except the wiring, a couple extra lights, and....the radio. Bluetooth is a must for me since my wife and I do long trips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts