Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the long wait is over. I picked up my new 2010 Goldwing in Mason City Iowa on Friday and rode the 1278 miles home. What an absolute dream come true. The weather was awesome for most of the ride and I really liked the signs on the interstates that said to look out for motorcycles!
Bringing it over the boarder was a breeze thanks to a link I got here on the forum. It told me exactly what to do and how to do it! Thanks Ron for the awsome web instructions. The only costs involved for me were the RIV fee ($225) and a provincial safety ($35.00) and of course the government hand out (13% HST) but the HST was on a cost about $7000 less than I could get here!
Friday the 13th here I come!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Great looking rig. Congratulations from way down south in Texas.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Looks great and glad you had a good trip home. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Coincidentally

Well the long wait is over. I picked up my new 2010 Goldwing in Mason City Iowa on Friday and rode the 1278 miles home. What an absolute dream come true. The weather was awesome for most of the ride and I really liked the signs on the interstates that said to look out for motorcycles!
Bringing it over the boarder was a breeze thanks to a link I got here on the forum. It told me exactly what to do and how to do it! Thanks Ron for the awsome web instructions. The only costs involved for me were the RIV fee ($225) and a provincial safety ($35.00) and of course the government hand out (13% HST) but the HST was on a cost about $7000 less than I could get here!
Friday the 13th here I come!
Bit of a coincidence, I just bought my 08' out of Mason City Iowa as well, and will soon be bringing it back to Canada. I'm in BC, so I opted to have mine delivered to the Seattle area. From there I'll be riding it back home, making it a bit of a holiday and a 600 Km. ride to my garage.

I've previously imported 2 other bikes, a Suzuki Intruder from El Paso TX, and an Indian Chief from Sacramento. I also imported an 04' Super Duty from Denver. All of these were very smooth and easy transactions. The key is being prepared and knowing what you need to do.

Enjoy!

Ed
(yellovette)

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Nice color Paul my favorite, congrats on your new Wing and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Welcome home and welcome to our home. Sweet, Paul. I see you already have Highway pegs. Backrest is next!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome home - Great looking "scoot" - I too have just taken delivery of 2010 "wing" but I have not ridden it much - only 400 km's in 4 weeks - The weather here is "bloody awful" don't mind the cold but the rain is a problem - the rain covers the potholes and they are thousands of them here in Saint John - the roads here are actually potholes surrounded by some road - they make a lethal mix for motorbikes - It has not stopped raining for about 3 weeks and some fella called Noah in town is building a dirty great boat in his backyard - may go and pay him a visit !!!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nice bike Pw. Question for you folk that have made cross border purchases: is the warranty transferrable from a US unit to an owner in Canada? The reason I ask is Polaris will NOT cover US distributed machines that go to Canada. They must be returned to a US dealer for any warranty claims. Not trying to scare anyone, just curious what you have been told about warranty coverage.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice ride! I'm also curious about something; Coming from the U.S. to Canada, the speedometer reads in miles, can that be changed? I do know that Honda Civics that are built here locally can be switched easily with the push of a button. So, is that a feature of the Goldwing?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ed, The people at Mason City Honda we absolutley fantastic. They were so proud of their service awards and they certainly deserved them! It was nice to deal with a dealer like that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Budoka, The warranty is only valid at American Honda dealers. However it is still valid, I live about 30 miles from a Honda dealer in NY state so for me it was a no brainer, I bought the extended waranty too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blade runner, The speedo read in both Miles and KM however the odometer is in miles, I have not looked to see if I can switch this as I am probably still more comfortable with the MPH than KMPH.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ed, The people at Mason City Honda we absolutley fantastic. They were so proud of their service awards and they certainly deserved them! It was nice to deal with a dealer like that!

Hey Paul, I did say I bought mine from Mason City, but not from the Honda dealer. I bought mine from Mason City Harley Davidson. The previous owner traded the Wing in for a Harley. He had only put 1,870 miles on it. His loss, my gain!

I went the other way, sold my 2000 Indian Chief, (nicer than Harley), to buy a Wing. Have fun with yours. Still waiting for mine.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
Nice looking bike. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
PwKann, are the deals really all that good at that dealer?
Ya but yelovette, that would be a heck of fun ride all the way back to Vancouver from out there, zig zag through Colorado, Yellowstone, then up through Glacier and across to home... (sigh... so many fun roads, so little time...)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nightwing The deal really was that good for me. I had been looking for quite some time. They also have good prices on accessories and to top it off they were proud to give service. I mean they bent over backwards. I will buy from them again. And yeah the ride home was pretty awesome too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts