Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2010 Goldwing really like it but I somewhat miss the HD Roadglide. Any members out there that made the switch felt unsure after the purchase??

Marco V

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Miss the "sound"
Seating position was better on my Ultra than on the Wing !
But, now I've triked-took the rider pegs off and have much more comfort on the Wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 4 years and 25,000 miles of noise, vibration, tuning problems, inept dealer maintenance, scary cornering wobbles and insufficient passing power, I finally sold the RoadKing and bought a GoldWing....my only problem now is my face hurts because I can't stop smiling.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Recently bought a 2010 Goldwing really like it but I somewhat miss the HD Roadglide. Any members out there that made the switch felt unsure after the purchase??

Marco V
Yep, sure did felt that way when I went from Heritage, to 06 ultra, really felt that way when i went to my 08 1800 took my first trip to Tampa from IL. wife and i love it road further,love the power,gps,cd player. road my old ultra 2 months ago and can't believe how we road it all over the US

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very Happy with the New Ride

I imagine we all do a bit of second guessing many of our decisions. I felt very bad, almost like a traitor, when we left the Yamaha RSV at the dealers and rode off on our "new" Wing. But after riding this machine a bit, I have no regrets! We have always owned Honda...not sure why we made the switch three years ago, but I am more convinced than ever, that Honda will be the only bike I ever buy again. Having said that, at age 64 I doubt that I will ever need to purchase another bike. This '07 will last me just fine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I sold my 01 E-Glide in Oct. after riding it for 106,000 trouble free miles with the intent of buying my first Wing. I'm waiting for a couple of bike shows in Jan. up here in the Northeast to hopefully get a good deal. I rented a Wing this past July for a 24 hr. period and put 600 miles on it. I liked the way I sat on my Glide but loved everything else about the Wing. I know with a backrest and highway pegs I will be as comfortable on the wing as I was on my Glide. I'll miss my Glide but not the Harley image that seems to go with owning a Harley. Half of them are image riders and not what I would call true riders. Can't wait to make a deal and bring my first Wing home and set it up for some long enjoyable rides.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I kind of understand your feelings Marco. I actually rode my old Vulcan Custom last year (ten years of myself went into that bike and it was made to 'fit' me). While crude by comparison compared to the build quality of just about any Honda, there is a certain charm to some other bikes that always makes you feel like you just slipped on a pair of comfortable old shoes. It's the timeless grace and poise (beauty if you will) of the Goldwing that wins out in the long run, at least for me anyway. That's why I'm back on one in the first place, nothing else 'is' a Goldwing. It's not like I didn't have a mutiltude of choices to pick from.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I sold my 01 E-Glide in Oct. after riding it for 106,000 trouble free miles with the intent of buying my first Wing. I'm waiting for a couple of bike shows in Jan. up here in the Northeast to hopefully get a good deal. I rented a Wing this past July for a 24 hr. period and put 600 miles on it. I liked the way I sat on my Glide but loved everything else about the Wing. I know with a backrest and highway pegs I will be as comfortable on the wing as I was on my Glide. I'll miss my Glide but not the Harley image that seems to go with owning a Harley. Half of them are image riders and not what I would call true riders. Can't wait to make a deal and bring my first Wing home and set it up for some long enjoyable rides.
You have touched a soft spot here with many of the motorcycle community. It's not about riding for others, it's about riding for ourselves. The nice aspect about riding a Goldwing is that you remove yourself from the poise and noise of the rabble. Do we have personal pride and exhibit that in our bikes in our own way ? Sure! But on a long stretch of road on a lonely highway can we look between our legs and say " I'm sitting on top of the world as I know it ? ". Sure. And that has made all the difference. P.S. If you fell like your on two wheels, you might be on the wrong type of motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love the style of my old Road Glide,But really a much better ride on the long hauls now on the wing!!

·
Registered
455 Posts

Marco V
Isn't it nice to have a choice???? Ride what you like, it's your $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
was unsure... still unsure....

for me? NO

Marco you seem to have really struggled with the move from Harley to GW. If you remain unsure and need someone to take that clunker off your hands, please let me know. I am here for you man :D

·
Registered
58 Posts

Marco V
I did just what you did.. went from HD (07 Street Glide) to the 2010 Goldwing and I can honestly say I never once felt unsure of the choice I just made. NO REGRETS here :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Marco sold my 2003 elec glide got the wing have to say more you ride it more you will love it the bike is amazing

·
Registered
145 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts