Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

My name is Peter and I’m new to this forum and just bought my first Goldwing today! You’ll have to excuse me but I’m still a little in shock that after so many years of riding old junk I now have the ride of my dreams…and its drop dead gorgeous to boot. It’s a 1996 GL1500SE with all the bells and whistles including reverse. It has 47K miles on it, and with the reputation the Goldwings have for longevity, I have little doubt that I will get another 100K to 150K before I have to pull the heads. It happens to be my wife’s favorite color, two tone purple, (or “magenta” according to the salesman) and since it was her idea to get a Goldwing instead of me once again fixing up one of the junk bikes, I’m glad the color makes her happy. To be honest I kind of like it myself.

During the test drive, we couldn’t get over the way it rides. It’s like sitting on a cloud! And for being such a big heavy bike it handles very well with ample power. But hey…this you already know. Both of us were hooked on this bike within the first ¼ mile. This really surprised me because nether one of us is what you would call “impulse buyers”. I guess it was just meant to be.

See you on the highway,
Peter :D

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I'm re-living that moment through your story. Welcome, and thanks for the memories. I have a white Wing because it was the color my wife wanted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome from Florida Peter.As you can see by my login name,we both feel the same about our Wings! Many out there who are still THINKING about getting one,need to read what you've written.With that low of mileage you will have many years and miles to enjoy it. My '94SE has 119k on it,runs perfect. A word to the wise though,due to the age of your new dream,you should check the timing belts,if not already done.Ride often and Safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Greetings Dane. Have fun on the site. The bliss that you are feeling is exactly what I describe to guys when they post that they are in a hurry to purchase a used bike but unsure about the reliability of the machine they are looking at & are really just looking at the price. I always comment that if you "feel it calling you that's when to buy". Much like your story. Ride safe you & your wife. I know that my wife & I Love our Wing and as she says "that is our zen time"

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF dane, who ever thought we would be saying 50,000 miles is low milage

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Enjoy your new Wing and put lots of miles on it. It has a lot left to give. Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Dane and congrats to you both!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome and congtars on the new bike. The 1500 Gold Wing is bullet proof. Keep the oil changed and regular maintenance and it will last you for many many years to come. As you ride it and get acquainted with it you will find all the goodies it has. Did you get an owners manual with it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Peter;
Glad you got a chance to get hooked on the best bike on the planet.Welcome to this great forum and wish you and your wife many nice rides.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome to the world of GOLDWINGS and this site of course. The wife was the driving force for us to get a WING. When we went I picked the model, she had choice of color. She buys white everything (our barn is even white). There before us was a white one and a metallic red. I had even walked off knowing what she was going to take. BINGO! she picks the red!! Have enjoyed owning it ever since. We plan to make a 6 day little ride starting next Tuesday. We call it a compass vacation.......we're going that direction and thats the only requirement. Very relaxed quality stuff those compass vacations.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts