Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is official I finally made the leap and purchased a Goldwing! :)
I bought the 2010 base model and I am very excited! I purchased it in Iowa so I will have to go there when the weather is better and ride it home to Canada and go through the import process. But that will be worth the cost savings!
So now for accessories. Any suggestions from you veterans? I am thinking highway pegs, foglights and passenger armrests (My wife has often fallen asleep on the back of my Suzuki!)

Come on SUNSHINE~!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing PW. Check the threads on this site for accessories and just about anything else you ever wanted to know about a Wing.
I'm around Huntsville and we've still got 2' of snow.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing! Many years of great riding ahead. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, yeah we still have some snow on the ground too! I won't pick it up untill early May.:mad: because of work. But I am stoked!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. I don't know if I could wait that long to pick it up. You have more willpower than I do. As far as accessories, I added Honda LED foglights, Kuryakyn trunk rack, Honda rear spoiler/brake light, and a 12v outlet in the left front pocket. Since then I've added Baker Wings and grip puppies (foam grips). Lots of thing to buy for the Wing. Good luck and ride safe...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on the Wing. Didn't you get the $1,000 added accesories with your purchase? I got it with mine and added the led fog lights which I like. I put on hyway pegs and a Utopia back rest along with a cup holder. I thought I was done at that time but I was wrong. A bellypan and Ram mount for my GPS then a AirHawk seat pad because I couldn't get comfortable. Now the weather has turned to winter again so testing out the AirHawk will have to wait. I got off a Harley after many miles on one and absolutely love this Goldwing. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to tell you that I have willpower but the truth is I work offshore and head to work on Monday. I will fly directly to Iowa from work to pick up the bike so as not to waste another minute!

No I did not get the $1000 accessories I was able to barter the price down instead I figured I would buy the accessories from wing stuff or someone for much cheaper and install myself. At least I have 6 weeks of planning and dreaming to look forward too!:eek:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Good Job Pw. You will love the Wing but find it like a boat I had, like a fun hole in the water to put money in. LOL Know what you mean about your wife falling asleep, I could always tell when Mine did with the thump on the back of my helmet. Enjoy and Be SAFE.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Nothing like deferred gratification . The anticipation and wait will give you something to look forward to along with another reason to live on and love life. It's never too early to start envisioning how you want it to look and feel.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Good deal. I know you will love it. I also have the base 2010 and it is great. I did add the spoiler/brake light, fog lights and only a couple pieces of chrome so far. When I put on new tires a couple weeks ago I also added the Centramatic Balancers. They sure seem to smooth out the ride even more. Take a look at the new Rivco armrests. They are backordered right now from Wingstuff, but hopefully I will get them in a week or two and post some pictures. There is a thread about them. Have a great ride home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rivco armrests are the ones that lift up and down and not open out right? I saw a thread and thought that they also looked like they had more strength from where they are mounted. Those will likely be the ones I get. I also saw a post a while back about the kind that swing out getting caught on another vehicle in the driveway. I never even considered that possibility before but will from now on!

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Rivco armrests are the ones that lift up and down and not open out right? I saw a thread and thought that they also looked like they had more strength from where they are mounted. Those will likely be the ones I get. I also saw a post a while back about the kind that swing out getting caught on another vehicle in the driveway. I never even considered that possibility before but will from now on!
Yes they are. Sure hope they are stronger. I likes the way they are set up as you do not have to swing them out of the way to get into the trunk. Hope they are as good as they look.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have most of the accessories that are listed here.

Bonjour! And congrats on getting the new 'Wing. I was born in Quebec but can't imagine living in such a short cycle weather pattern for riding! Although, here in Indiana it seems to be shorter and shorter with these nasty winter thing.

almost every accessory that has been mentioned here - I have on my new '10 Wing as well. I have had the new Rivco armrests ordered for some time... and am really excited about getting them on the motorcycle. I rode mine home from NJ back in Oct. It was mostly in the low 50's - in the mountians, it was in the 40's... but I was pretty comfortable on the motorcycle. I now have the leg wings and the hand wings mounted by Baker... along with the other accessories. This motorcycle has been setting all winter and having things added to it, and I am excited about getting it out. I have been dealing with some health issues that have kept me off of it, but soon enough I will have it out.

Oh, I had the Vertical hitch put on so I could carry a rack on the back for a cooler or bag. Well worth the cost. You can see that here: http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/...l1800/272_goldwing_trailer_hitches_racks/des/

Be blessed on yours!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts