Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
I AM LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER TO AN ISSUE I HAVE WITH THE FINALE DRIVE ON MY 85 GL1200.i BOUGHT THE BIKE USED AND NEVER THOUGHT TO CHECK THE FINALE DRIVE OIL UNTIL THIS SUMMER WHEN IT STARTED MAKING ALOT OF NOISE. TO MY HORROR I DISCOVERED THAT THE FINALE DRIVE UNIT WAS DRY AND PROBABLY HAD BEEN FOR 20K CLIKS AT LEAST.
SO I AM #1 LOOKING FOR A GOOD USED FINAL DRIVE AND SPLINES,I WAS RECENTLYTOLD THAT A FINAL DRIVE FROMA 1500 WOULD ALSO WORK WITH MINOR MODIFICATIONS.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THIS OR ANY ADVICE ON TREATMENT.I FOUND ONLY BLACK SLUGE AND SOME SMALL METAL BITS WHEN I DRAINED AND CHANGED THE OIL.IT HAS QUIETED DOWN BUT STILL MAKES A LOAD WHINNING NOISE AND A TERRIBLE LASH CLACK.

MIKE

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Check with local trike conversion shops as possible sources. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
That's good advice on the trike shop mjt, but it sounds like you are from Canada (clicks?) and most of the conversions are done across the line now. There's also a site (usedgoldwingparts.com?) that might help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks to all for the good solid advise.I would not of thought of conversion shops.
I am from canada,living in ontario now but spent over twenty years living in beautiful Calgary,and did an extended bike ride in AB. and BC last summer.

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
Was real convenient when Lehman was based in Westlock, only about an hour from my place. Got the FL bags for my Vulcan custom bagger from them. Would be a great spot for final drive parts if they were still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts