Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this site, I have a 1986 G/W Interstate, just replaced the rear oil seal and o-ring on the final drive pinion shaft/gear assem. I test rode the bike after the repairs, didn't hear any noise, but when I rode two up, I have a clicking noise coming from the rear, same type of noise as if the rear was low on gear oil. I think I may have overtightened the nut on the pinion shaft. Would anyone be able to help with the nut torque specs on this unit, or at least a site that I can get these specs from. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, new to this site, I have a 1986 G/W Interstate, just replaced the rear oil seal and o-ring on the final drive pinion shaft/gear assem. I test rode the bike after the repairs, didn't hear any noise, but when I rode two up, I have a clicking noise coming from the rear, same type of noise as if the rear was low on gear oil. I think I may have overtightened the nut on the pinion shaft. Would anyone be able to help with the nut torque specs on this unit, or at least a site that I can get these specs from. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.
72-87 ft/lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts