Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Previously I had improvised a cup holder mounting bracket that required drilling two 1/4 holes into the right side passenger storage compartment. I have since bought a different passenger cup holder and was left with the two previously drilled holes. I pondered the possibilities of an aesthetic way of covering these holes. Some of my " thoughts " were extreme to say the least. Yesterday I bought some new shutters for the house and it came with the hardware kit. Well serendipity! The kit included cover caps for a screw mount installation into siding. Using a #8 screw with nut, I secured it through the vacant holes and closed the cover cap. Might even do the other side so it looks balanced. It's funny how solutions come from unrelated projects. I guess it's all connected in the grand scheme of things.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
the good the bad and the ugly....

the good news is we now have a solution to a chronic problem that plagues us all. And that is Great news.

the bad news is I have to buy a shutter to get the hole covers.

I fear you are sucking us in -just what color of shutters should I get so I can sell them at a discount back to you.

and yes, I left this open ended so you could properly finish this for me.

(Good find, looks really nice).

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Wow, I am sooo disappointed. I left of the 'ugly' to allow you a moment of creativity and a rightfully deserved jab back at me.

YOu feeling ok or is Ms. Vicki taken over the keyboard whilst you hang shutters?

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Wow, I am sooo disappointed. I left of the 'ugly' to allow you a moment of creativity and a rightfully deserved jab back at me.

YOu feeling ok or is Ms. Vicki taken over the keyboard whilst you hang shutters?
Love2ride: Just because you bate the hook and throw it in. Deosn't mean that you land the fish. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Love2ride: Just because you bate the hook and throw it in. Deosn't mean that you land the fish. Eric
Hey Eric,

As usual, quick witted wisdom.

I still think Ms. Vicki has confiscated the keyboard and he's still hanging shutters.

Hope you are all well. hadn't had time to talk much lately but still tune in to try and keep up.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I can only see one side of the bike at a time. Two different sets of wheel covers for your car? Put the two matching on each side. No one but you will ever know.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Great job (recovery) on the holes. That's thinking like a Marine. Use what you have and improvise. Oh, by the way how does Mz Vicki like the new cup holder???

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job (recovery) on the holes. That's thinking like a Marine. Use what you have and improvise. Oh, by the way how does Mz Vicki like the new cup holder???
The cup holder gets an A+. You could turn the bike upside down and I know the container would stay in there. To remove the container easily you have to twist and pull up. The rubber teats really clamp down.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Always a solution to a problem if you think about it long enough. LOOKS GOOD.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for sharing that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts