Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I "cycled" my 2001 1800, the bike has run great since then. No more low rpm hiccup.
Today I was at my mom's cutting the grass and when I left the FI light flickered a few times and then stayed on. The bike still runs fine, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
From the chart:
0 Stays lit • Engine operates normally
• Short circuit in service check connector wire: • Short circuit in MIL wire: • Faulty ECM
I would just think a connection, possibly dirty or the pin in the harness may not be making good contact.
Has it done it once or is it constant?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know what happened to the codes that you posted but they are gone now. I turned the key on but did not start the bike, I believe it is flashing 23

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
It has been my position for some time that we need a tech sub-forum to keep this tech talk out of the general baloney. I'm looking at the Service Manual and from what I can interpret 23 blinks points to a " Right O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction > Loose or poor contact of the O2 sensor connector >O2 sensor heater or its circuit malfunction. Symptom: Engine operates normally.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will pull the connection and spray it with some contact cleaner and see if that helps. The bike only has 31,000 but it did sit for a while before I bought it. I had always noticed a "bad Cat" smell from the exhaust, are these pretty easy to replace?
Should I do both at the same time if needed?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the post on the bulletin, I called the dealer about having it repaired at their expense. He said since it is out of warranty it probably will not be covered but he is suppose to call me back and let me know for sure.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Be sure and post back with what transpires. My concern is that the light stays on steady not blinking. Bulletin states light blinking to indicate the 0/2 sensors are faulty.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to 2 dealers in the area they both said the same thing. Since it was a service bulletin and not a recall and the fact that it is 11 years old they both felt that Honda would not pay for any of it. I can understand that, not happy about it but I understand it.
To replace both 02 and labor it would be just under $500, I will do the filter at the same time.

While I am riding the light stays on, at idle it flashes.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I talked to 2 dealers in the area they both said the same thing. Since it was a service bulletin and not a recall and the fact that it is 11 years old they both felt that Honda would not pay for any of it. I can understand that, not happy about it but I understand it.
To replace both 02 and labor it would be just under $500, I will do the filter at the same time.

While I am riding the light stays on, at idle it flashes.
My factory warranty expires in 2016. Anything after February 2016 I will express the same sentiment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.