Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say I’m 68 years young, been riding since I was 12 – 13 years old everything you can ride I’ve had, the first big bike was a 48 Indian Chief at 15.
I have a 96 GW, 2008 VTX and a 2001 Yamaha now, I ride almost every week.
Spent some of my vacation with my wife and son and his lady and few thousand of my best friends.
We left for Sturgis from Great Bend, KS on the 7th, got to Sturgis 8th we spent 4 days there and all the great rides in the area.
Wall Drug, Rapid City Harley Davidson, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands, Needles highway, and Spearfish canyon, Deadwood. No panties Wednesday at Hulett, WY then on to Devils Tower.
Really had a great time, if you have never been you need to go it was way more fun than we imagined.
Went on over to Sheridan WY and back thru Colorado seen lots of curves and mountains and most of all lots of really great people.
Probably go again next year

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time. If you have pics you can post for us to see (except maybe Wednesday's)... Glad you had a safe ride. I saw where there were a number of accidents around Sturgis involving m/c's which is, I guess, to be expected with that many bikes in one place. Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Sturgis is an absolute blast. The only downside I can think of is the horrendous traffic everywhere you go.WE missed Crazy Horse and Devil's Tower and wish we'd seen them both. Fair marks for you seeing it all.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Sturgis is an absolute blast. The only downside I can think of is the horrendous traffic everywhere you go.WE missed Crazy Horse and Devil's Tower and wish we'd seen them both. Fair marks for you seeing it all.
I've been through that area when there was no m/c rally and it's a great place to visit. Devils Tower is awesome. Crazy Horse is a rip off, more concerned with collecting money than finishing the project. Be glad you saved $10. Ride safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
WE opted to view Rushmore from the highway, and glad we did. You get a better view of the mountain and no $10 fee. I didn't realize that the Crazyhorse monument was a pay as you go thing. Everyone I've spoken to says it's much better than Rushmore. But then, I wasn't overly impressed with Rushmore either. More of a molehill than a mountain, the Rockies have me spoiled.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
WE opted to view Rushmore from the highway, and glad we did. You get a better view of the mountain and no $10 fee. I didn't realize that the Crazyhorse monument was a pay as you go thing. Everyone I've spoken to says it's much better than Rushmore. But then, I wasn't overly impressed with Rushmore either. More of a molehill than a mountain, the Rockies have me spoiled I guess.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
But then, I wasn't overly impressed with Rushmore either. More of a molehill than a mountain
Guess you have to be American.:rolleyes:

When the little lady & I were out there in July we actually found it to be the reverse. Crazy Horse was Ehhh. where Rushmore was inspiring.

I think I know what it is budoka. You guys need one of them up there, only yours would probably have Gretsky, Howe, Hull or Mikita & Roy on it.:D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts